Honeymoon Discussions

Where should we go?!?! Quiet(!) beaches...

We finally decided what we want so we're ready to book something.  We decided to "save" on the honeymoon instead of "splurge".  FI really really really wants a cruise.  I'm nervous about cruising -- no idea why -- I'd just rather stay on land.  I was thinking we could do a short one, like a 3-day cruise.  I want to go to a quiet beach somewhere in the US.  We spend the summers at Chincoteague, Virginia and we love it.  But, we want somewhere new for our honeymoon.  Somewhere neither of us have been but something very similar to Chincoteague.  Anyone been to a beach they want to recommend?  We found out about Mackinaw, MI on the knot but we haven't found anyone who has actually gone there who can recommend anything.
imageimageimage

Re: Where should we go?!?! Quiet(!) beaches...

• Take the ferry across to Mackinac Island. It is very lovely. They have the little horses there like Chincoteague! We went during the month of June so lakes were still too cold for swimming, but the hotel we stayed at had a heated pool as do some of the other hotels. We were only there for a few days, went to the fort, carriage tour of the island and also spent time at the Grand Hotel. We even had dinner with the mayor while we were there for our conference.  It is a really pretty island.

Check out tripadvisor.com for more info on Mackinaw and Mackinac Island.

• I haven't been to Mackinac Island since I was a kid, but I remember loving it!  I used to joke that I would get married there (and I'm not even that *kind* of person).  It is definitely quiet.  The fancy hotel on the island is The Grand Hotel.  I don't know if you'd be able to swim, though.  I grew up on Lake Michigan and very rarely was it warm enough to actually get wet.  I agree with the PP that the bridge is gorgeous.  My family camped somewhere on the bay and we could see the bridge all lit up at night. It is beautiful! 
  • Bermuda is romantic and quiet and a close flight, if you are on the east coast!
  • There are lots of lovely smaller islands/beach towns all along the coasts of the Carolinas and Georgia -- St. Simons, Jeykell Island, Tybee Island, or even the Outer Banks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited February 2010
    You should check out Block Island off the coast of RI. I lived in RI for awhile and made it out to the island once and it was amazing!

http://www.blockislandinfo.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards