Honeymoon Discussions
Options

7 nights in St. Lucia enough?

I'm just wondering fir those who have honeymooned there before (we're going to the grande, sandals) is 7 nights enough or would it be better to stay longer? Looks like 7 nights is in our budget but I know I'll want to stay longer!? What do you think?

Re: 7 nights in St. Lucia enough?

• Options
    We were married and honeymooned at Sandals Halcyon two years ago.  We spent 7 nights in one of the beachfront cottages (now the butler suites) and it was great.  We wished we had stayed longer, but at the price for the cottage, we just couldn't.  Now two years later and a wedding behind us, if I were to go, I would go 10 days minimum, just to get everything in that we couldn't fit in the first time.

If you want to save some $, avoid the candlelight dinner.  Total waste.  We didn't do it, but we had dinner 4 times only steps for those that were.. and we didn't pay extra for it.

Have a great wedding and wonderful honeymoon.  I'm jealous.  I wish we were headed there right now.  You'll love it.
  • Options
    We're staying for 10 nights...probably overkill, but it's been awhile since we've gone on a vacation & I always feel like I don't want to go home after a week on previous vacations!  I think 7 nights will be fine though if your budget can't accomodate more nights.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You can always go back later.

FI and I went to PR for I think 5 or 6 days last year. We ended up getting $450 flight vouchers for each of us on the trip and booked a trip back 2 months later and hit up all the rest of the stuff that we didn't get to the first time.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    We will be there May 26th...yay!  We are doing 7 days...i persoanlly think this will be more then enough for an all incl.  We are in a butler room, so it would break the bank to add another 3 days for us lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did 10 days and enjoyed it.  I think 7 days is fine.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    DanielleH818DanielleH818 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    FI and I are getting married in September and were thinking about going to St. Lucia (at a sandals)...but are currently up in the air because of the whole hurricane idea. 

Anyone stay in September?

Anyone have any suggestions for All inclusive honeymoons for the month of September?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards