• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

TGIF!!!!

Weekend plans!!!! Give em up! ;)

We're going to watch a friend perform at a local bar tonight. Tomorrow visiting the Newseum and having a movie night, plus it's my besties' birthday so I'm going to make her this super awesome cookie dough, oreo, brownie thing I found on Pintrest!

Then it's Superbowl Sunday! Which I couldn't care less about this year because I'm so tired of the Patriots and the Giants, but I love getting together with my friends, eating good food and watching football / hilarious commercials, so I'll still have fun =)
Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
Vacation
Married Bio
Day Zero / Blog

Re: TGIF!!!!

• We've got dinner with H's brother & SIL tomorrow, to thank them for letting us keep our truck at their house & for getting us to and from the airport.

Still undecided about The Game on Sunday.  I super hate the Patriots, so much that I haven't watched a single game of theirs all season.  Maybe we'll rent a movie!  But I do love food!!!!  Movie and nachos!
    Anniversary
  • Good mornIng! I have a sick husband at home who is supposed to get on a plane On Sunday morning. So I'll be looking after him and just lying low.. And buying maternity jeans. I think today will be the last day I wear normal pants for a while.. They just are no longer comfy.. I hope everyone has a good day! And weekend!
    Sept 2011 Feb...
    image image
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TGIF muffins! What's the Newuseum? Your plans sound fun. I'm working today and tomorrow, but took Sunday off. Football is major around my house so probably going to a few houses to watch the game. Saturday my aunt is having a ladies lunch for her daughter in law. I can't go because of work. Boo! The rest of the weekend will be nursing my cold, unpacking, and cleaning. We are almost done!
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned, Muffins! I'm so glad it's finally Friday! This week has gone by sloop slowly. H and I are both off this weekend, thank goodness. Tomorrow night we are going over to H's coworkers house to hangout with him and his wife. Sunday we're going to a Superbowl party at H's best friend's house. Other than that we plan on doing a whole lot of nothing. Happy Friday!
    image Anniversary
  • Morning all! I agree, this weekend has gone by slowllllly. TGIF!! Tonight - we are going to our friends house. She is hosting a Lia Sophia party, H will go out for some beers with her H. Sat - laundry, cleaning and opening a new checking account with H's name on it. He's not quite ready to combine finances but hopefully soon. And hopefully we start working on our taxes, we have no idea which way is better to file this year. Sun - Super Bowl party! Im in a pool, I love when $ is involved. Hope the commercials are better than last year!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • TGIF, indeed!  It has been quite a busy week, and I'm ready for the weekend!  Tonight is date night with H.  I'll probably just make dinner, but it will be good to be together.  And hopefully we can get our laundry sink fixed, so I can do two weeks worth of laundry.  Tomorrow I'm meeting my parents for brunch to plan my sister's 30 bday party and Sunday Im watching the game.

Nic, I want to see pics of the new house!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Sounds like some fun weekends so far, except for Nurse Eliza =/  I hope hubby feels better before Sunday!

The Newseum is the awesome museum all about the news. It's got some incredible stuff in it - an actual block of the Berlin Wall, the Unabomber's hut, the antenna off the World Trade Center after the Sept 11 attacks, and it's all about how the media has presented various stories - mostly the big impact stories - and how they've played a role in how those stories were viewed/treated by the public.
    The Katrina exhibit is the most stunningly emotional thing I've ever been to. It was something I paid attention to while it was happening of course, but actually visiting the exhibit and seeing ALL of the newspaper headlines laid out, with a TV running the footage, and an entire exhibit on how the reporters who were there reacted to the situation - the choice between telling the story vs. becoming involved in the story, the desire to help rescue individualsand the knowledge that they'll do more good by gettig the whole story out there so more overall help will be sent... it was incredibly moving, all of it.

There's also an amazing hall of Pulitzer Prize winning photos, some of which you can't even believe someone managed to capture on camera. They really risked their lives in some of the situations. It's an amazing museum to visit if you ever get the chance! I didn't get to spend nearly as long as I wanted to the last time I was there, because I was with my Aunt who has trouble standing still for too long, and I'm SO excited to go back and really get to see everything.
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Wow, Muffins that museum sounds amazing! I would love to go there! I agree about the pics Nic!!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • happy friday! it's my weekly day off, so i plan on getting some homework and laundry done. i also need to go to the grocery store to pick up some items for the food i'm going to make for the super bowl. depending on what the weather does tonight we might go out to eat at a burger place in town. it sucks that it was so gorgeous all week (60* almost all week) and now it's going to snow. 

saturday is another basketball game, and since the men's and women's game is at the same time, we are dvr'ing the men's game since it is an away game and then having people over to watch it. i'm looking forward to it.

sunday is the super bowl. i don't know what our plans are for that yet. my friends want to do something, but i don't know what H wants to do just yet. it should be a good weekend, and it looks like everyone else is going to have a good time as well!  
  • I'll do my best. Posting from the phone= impossible. I'll stick some in my blog today.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow I want to go to that Museum!!

Not much planned for this weekend. Just hanging out H decided he wants to put up pictures and get our house looking like us. So that will be fun!!

Not sure what if anything we're doing for the game! We shall see!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Happy Friday!
    Muffs, that museum sounds amazing!!! Where were you when H and I took our trip to DC before we got engaged??? :P We plan on making our way back there eventually (in the next year or two), probably with baby in tow, so I might have to hit you up with some rec's :)

Today I'm at work for a few hours. I have a few things to do, but since I do them so fast, it's hard to get motivated to do them. After work I'm returning some Christmas presents for store credit (and using the credit towards an adorable crib i found! to be purchased later, obvi. haha)
    Tomorrow my plan is to clean out the guest room and finally take most of what's in there to be donated. I wanna start buying baby stuff, and I need somewhere to put everything! :)
    Sunday I have zero plans. H works til 7, so we might go to his parents' house after to watch the game. I'm mostly interested in the music acts (AHH KELLY CLARKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and the commercials...couldn't care less about the Pats or Giants :-/ But maybe they will have fooooooooood!
  • Pics in blog. Clicky under siggy!
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • nic, your house is gorgeous! i love the kitchen and am jealous you have a pull-out shelf to put spices and cake mixes.
  • So, so so cute!  I am so envious of your kitchen, its not even funny.  Congratulations!  And you have it set up already!  I'm impressed!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Love the pics!! I have total kitchen envy too! So happy for you :)
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks ladies! We are still tryin to make some head way in the spares and dinning room. I'm dreaming of a honey do list. Our last house was too small to have over night guest so I'm super excited about spares.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hi!
    tonight we're going on a date :) i love date night!
    tomorrow we're going to MIL's house for dinner- today is her birthday and the 1st was SIL's, so we're celebrating together.
    sunday... we don't have any plans. we're not football people.. we may just stay in and watch reruns of the big bang theory.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_tgif-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:76511254-5879-40af-9743-1864005ce553Post:913939ce-5230-45c0-8d1a-5e18b18f5845">Re: TGIF!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've got dinner with H's brother & SIL tomorrow, to thank them for letting us keep our truck at their house & for getting us to and from the airport. Still undecided about The Game on Sunday. <strong> I super hate the Patriots</strong>, so much that I haven't watched a single game of theirs all season.  Maybe we'll rent a movie!  But I do love food!!!!  Movie and nachos!
    Posted by MrsKathyC[/QUOTE]

This and we are Giants fans so super excited about this Sunday.  We are going to a friend house to watch the game together.   We are going to my MIL house tomorrw and celebrate her birthday. 
    Have a great weekend!
  • Nicole, your house is adorable!!!!! Congrats, you must be so thrilled!

My day is a total crap-fest today. I feel like it will get better though. Going to dinner with my bro & SIL tonight and then we're going to watch my daughter dance at a basketball game. Tomorrow filing taxes & getting sh!t done around the house, maybe try to make it out for a few runs on the snowboard. Sunday super bowl. I too do not care. I just want to eat a lot and hang out with friends.

Moose in our yard this morning :) There were 2. I had to call the h.s. and tell them my daughter would be late to school because one of them was in the driveway licking her car.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_tgif-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:649Discussion:76511254-5879-40af-9743-1864005ce553Post:5568eac4-fd35-48f3-9979-52940870b62c">Re: TGIF!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nicole, your house is adorable!!!!! Congrats, you must be so thrilled! My day is a total crap-fest today. I feel like it will get better though. Going to dinner with my bro & SIL tonight and then we're going to watch my daughter dance at a basketball game. Tomorrow filing taxes & getting sh!t done around the house, maybe try to make it out for a few runs on the snowboard. Sunday super bowl. I too do not care. I just want to eat a lot and hang out with friends. Moose in our yard this morning :) There were 2. <strong>I had to call the h.s. and tell them my daughter would be late to school because one of them was in the driveway licking her car.</strong>
    Posted by balletdawn[/QUOTE]

wow. just wow.
    "uhh yeah, my daughter is going to be late today... a moose is licking her car. no, really. a moose. licking the car."
  • Adorible House Nicole.

Muffins: Next time I am in DC, I too am hitting you up for recommendations

No plans tonight.  Probably will do laundry and pick up the house as it could be my last real chance to do that for a while.

Saturday I have a hair appointment, and then am going to my parent's house to look at wedding pics since she wants to order a few for her house, and I guess that is a good time for me to order some too.  After that we are going to some of the food trucks with my sister for lunch.  Must then run home and bake cookies before Hubby and I have date night.  And yes, I "must" make cookies.  I am going to our NY office next week, and if I show up without cookies riots likely would occur.

Sunday is dedicated to Football, but we still do not have a plan yet.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    image image
  • OMG Dawn.  I love the moose photos!  All we have around here is deer.  Billions and billions of deer.

Not much going on for me this weekend.  Dave & Busters for lunch tomorrow and then we're seeing a special exhibit at the History Museum.  Sunday is our usual swim-Quiznos-grocery shop-Starbucks outing.

I've been playing phone tag with a recruiter since yesterday.  It's making me all nervous and twitchy.  I just want to get an interview set up already!  Although, to be honest, I'm not quite ready for my time off to end yet...
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Wow Dawn, that is crazy amazingness!!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • And Kristen - I want to go to a Dave and Busters so bad! But I am an adult who still enjoys Chuck E Cheese lol
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Missy - Dave & Busters is just Chuck E Cheese for adults!  I think it's awesome how they have a bar in the center of the game room.  You can go from the car racing game to Skeeball, and stop off for a whiskey sour on the way.  :)   I just wish that they still had age limits.  Back in the day, you had to be 21 to get in, and they carded.  If you were under 21, you had to be accompanied by someone 25 or older and weren't allowed to stay past 7pm.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • I so wish we had a Dave & Busters here! So much fun. We went to something like that in SLC to celebrate after my paralegal exam. But yeah, no kids there. That would suck. It was like a grown-up Chuck E Cheese. 

• I knowwwww! It sounds like a blast! There arent any near me :( :( Boo - I think they should still have an age limit / curfew. Who wants to trip on kids!? LOL
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We don't have a D&B either.  The only place to play real skeeball around here is at the beach, and we can't do that in the winter :(

There's a great place about an hour from us that has all old arcarde games and pinball!   I kill at Missile Command!

Anniversary
  • Omg Nic I am having rabid spice cabinet envy LOL. Kitchen envy as a whole, but mostly envy over having your spices where you can actually SEE them!  The house is gooooorgeous! I'm so excited for you! also, somehow I was not already following your blog, but that mistake has been rectified =)

I am more than happy to give out Museum Recommendations! I've been to (almost) all of the popular well-known ones and I make it my business to check out as many museums as possible everywhere! I'm starting to make my way towards the more obscure ones... I think Madame Tussaud's is the last well known one that I haven't hit yet. After that it's all about L. Ron Hubbard's House, the Building Museum, etc!
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards