• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

January Book Club - choice!

The winner is.....
The Betrothed by Alessandro Manzoni

If anyone is around Thursday, book club on The Virgin Suicides covering Chapter 3
rA Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest
100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: January Book Club - choice!

• I'll be around!

Gotta look up the Betrothed and see about getting it on my new kindle =) Woot!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • P.S. For those of you with Kindles, it looks like there's a free Kindle edition! WOOT! FREE BOOKS!: http://www.amazon.com/Betrothed-Italian-Alessandro-Manzoni-ebook/dp/B004TRE3H6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1324390263&sr=8-2
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Awesome--thanks, Jenni!

BTW, when I downloaded it to my Kindle one of the "suggestions" that popped up was Gilead: A Novel by Marilynne Robinson.  Ha, no, thanks.  I can't imagine reading another book about that boring town.
  • Gilead had amazzzing reviews and focused on Reverend Ames - maybe he was more exciting? I wont be reading it to find out!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • HAHAHAHAHAHA Nice Kelly!
    I did hear the Gilead was supposed to be better than Home... I am slightly curious, but not curious enough to actually go read it. Right now I'm deeply immersed in the fascinating world of Sherlock Holmes... I'm going through a bit of a Holmes obsession at the moment, and there's no way Gilead's going to tempt me out of it LOL.

Btw... Movie = Fantastic.
    And sexy.
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I have a sneaking suspicion I may get a Kindle for Christmas. I've been dropping hints like crazy. It would be awesome to get the book for free!
  • I might be getting a new kindle too. Yay for kindles!. I hope you do get it Dawn.
    image Anniversary
  • nhahn2206nhahn2206 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I got one too, Muffins! Loving it so far! We should all lend each other books! :)

I opened mine last night and downloaded "The Boy In the Striped Pajamas." Good so far, but a bit sad (to be expected though).

P.S. Dawn, I hope you get one! That would be such an awesome gift since you have such a hard time getting books up there.
    image image
  • Sigh...I decided I wanted a kindle yesterday. a little late for christmas lol
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • okay Anah, let's focus our kindle vibes on each other & maybe we'll both get a kindle!!! I agree, Nicole, it would help my book deficiency in this town. So frustrating. But if I wanted a very specific, ridiculously expensive set of skis, I could have a dozen pairs.
  • Dawn and Ana, sending Kindle vibes to you guys.  And Missy, there's always express delivery.  :)  I've had one since the very first version (2007? 2008?) and I seriously could not live without it.  Brad bought me a newer Kindle for our honeymoon present, and I was able to give my original one to a friend.  She was so excited since it came loaded with all the books I'd bought.  :)

I haven't figured out the share function on the new ones, but I need to.  Is it pretty easy?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_january-book-club-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:86701552-c8ed-4208-ad40-87ac4e711f10Post:9a4b9fbf-753c-487f-b00e-e820875c6abd">Re: January Book Club - choice!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got one too, Muffins! Loving it so far! We should all lend each other books! :) I opened mine last night and downloaded<strong> "The Boy In the Striped Pajamas."</strong> Good so far, but a bit sad (to be expected though). P.S. Dawn, I hope you get one! That would be such an awesome gift since you have such a hard time getting books up there.
    Posted by nhahn2206[/QUOTE]

totally poppin in - did you see the movie Nicole?  I won't give anything away, but let's just say H thought that would be a great 3rd or 4th date movie, and he planned to try to kiss me for the first time that night.  Not exactly the best movie choice for setting the mood.  We still laugh about that.
  • nhahn2206nhahn2206 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Haha I'm sure it was not good for that specific event. I know enough about the premise of the book. I haven't seen the movie, but probably will when I finish the book. I'm about 60% done with it according to my kindle. :)

Kathleen, I haven't tried yet, but I asked my mom to lend me a book she has and she wasn't quite sure if it was lend-able. I'm going to look at the one book I have right now and see if I can figure it out. I'll report back.

EDIT: Ok, seems pretty easy. Here's the description I just sent to my mom on how to check if a book is eligible to be shared. The one book I've downloaded is eligible, but I'm not sure all books are. I wanted her to lend me Steven King's new book.

Log in to Amazon, then on the left side of the page, go to Kindle, there will be a link at the bottom of the drop down menu that says 'Manage My Kindle'. Click that link. It will take you to a page where all of the books you've downloaded are displayed. You can click the plus sign the left of the title and it will bring down a menu. Click on 'View Product Page'. For the book I have, at the very top of the product page it says I can lend the book to anyone. I click on the link and it brings up a page where I can email the person I'm lending it to and leave a note. Check that title and see if it says if you can lend it to someone.

image image
  • Ok I really want a kindle now :(
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards