Honeymoon Discussions

Sandals Montego Bay vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

FI and I are trying to choose between these two resorts. Both seem great in their own rights and are similarly priced but for both we would be staying in one of the cheaper rooms, so it seems as though the room at the Excellence resort is nicer and all rooms include room service? Which resort would you choose?

Re: Sandals Montego Bay vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

• Secrets without a 2nd thought!
    Spring Break 2013
  • I haven't been to either but was just recently (in June) in Jamica and stayed at Sandals Negirl. I personally would choose  Excellence without a 2nc thought. When flying into Jamaica we could see the Mobay resort. Litteraly the airport is right there and unless you want to hear planes flying above on you HM I would not recomend it.
  • Definitely not MoBay.  We stayed there last year and had a pretty bad experience.  And we're not fussy, picky people at all.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Excellence...that's were we are going on our Honeymoon in July. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to EPM for our honeymoon a couple weeks ago and it was AMAZING.  The resort is asbsolutely gorgeous, the restaurants are great, and the staff is very friendly and attentive.   The resort is private and secluded...we loved that.

Also, a big thing for us was security...EPM is very secure...you have to go through two (or is it three?) gates w/ security guards before you get to the resort. 

Needless to say, we will be going back!  I'm trying to convince him our 1 year anniversary is the perfect time...LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you're interested in Jamaica (it's beautiful)- I highly recommend Sandals Whitehouse over Montego Bay. As previous posters said- the one there is RIGHT in the middle of the city. It's very congested. Whitehouse is VERY remote, romantic, and beautiful. We are actually considering returning there, but wanted to try something new. I'm looking for info on Secrets Resorts, if you have any, or know anyone who has been. I want a Whitehouse atmosphere in a new location. Good luck with your planning and enjoy your honeymoon!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards