September 2011 Weddings

Weekly Book Chat 12/15/11

Morning ladies!

Heres the link -

Click
rA Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest
100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Weekly Book Chat 12/15/11

• Cool! I've never read the virgin suicides, Currently I am reading a Game of Thrones by George RR Martin...amazing book, AND HBO Series. I can't wait to read the next 5 books!
    Mr. and Mrs. Sharkdiver!
  • Jenni- H was the same, he was so upset because one of the characters died. He couldn't get over it and was talking about it for a week.
    Now i'm a little scared, there's a character that I really love, and I'll be super sad if he dies.
    image Anniversary
  • Talking about characters who die.....how bout Boardwalk Empire Ana??
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Sweet =)

And Sharkie - I love Game of Thrones! I laughed so hard at my friends who didn't read the books and only saw the TV series because I kept telling them "Do not get attached to any of the characters" and of COURSE they got attached to the characters! And one of my friends was like, "He was the main character, I thought HE'd be safe." and I was like, "Dude, I told you. NONE OF THEM." Hahahaha. I need to re-read them, cuz I haven't read the 5th one yet but I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback, because I don't feel like paying for the hardcover =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Just don't get attache Sharkie! It's bad... I have trouble following my own advice sometimes. I have a favorite too and so far she's safe but I haven't read the 5th book yet =/

I love George R.R. Martin for that very reason though. His books seem so much more real to me than a lot of other novels, BECAUSE no one's ever safe. It's more real to life, I think.

It's kind of awesome, he writes this other series with a group of writers called Wild Card, and they talk about how they write in some of the forwards in those, and I found out WHY so many of his main characters come to terrible, horrible ends. He's a big Dungeons & Dragons player, and he writes the same way... character gets into a sticky situation, he rolls the dice to find out which way the story is going to go. I think that's SO cool.

Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards