Honeymoon Discussions

Fiji resorts

I am so overwhelmed with honeymoon options but I keep coming back to Fiji, I love the place and it seems to be everything we want, relax, intimate and secluded. I also noticed that many resorts offer meals as part of the packages (vs Tahiti). Can you recommend any resorts (since I'm not supposed to ask for TA recs)?

TIA!

Re: Fiji resorts

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    DH and I honeymooned in Fiji and we stayed at Qamea Resort & Spa. I have a bunch of pictures in my married bio under Honeymoon.

I see you're also on the east coast, so are we so instead of doing a cross country flight to LA (where you take Air Pacific out of) and then getting on the 10 hour flight to Fiji we broke up our trip and flew to Las Vegas for a few nights first. Then we rented a car and drove to LA which was fun because we had never done that before. The long flight isn't that bad at all. It's overnight so mostly everyone just sleeps, and they provide pillows, blankets, and ear phones free of charge. They also serve dinner and breakfast.

The resort was absolutely beautiful and it was mostly inclusive. Which means all meals and most activites were included. We had to pay extra for alcohol, but we were surprised we didn't rack up a big bill at the end at all. It's the complete opposite of an AI resort in the Caribbean. It's so much quieter and romantic all around and all the staff learn your names within the 1st day because there are only up to 36 people at a time staying at the resort and they're mostly honeymooners. We did a couple great excursions, we went hiking to some waterfalls, kayaking, snorkeling, and they also had a honeymoon beach trip where they drop you and your DH off by boat on a secluded beach with a picnic lunch and a bottle of wine and come back a few hours later and pick you up.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • I don't have anything to add, I just want to say how jealous I am. Fiji is H's dream vacation spot. You're pictures are beautiful summerkutie! And I have the same blue/brown/white striped bikini.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_fiji-packages-ta-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:4610e496-1bee-47eb-a810-8d0fd9cabed4Post:001510f6-7b87-4e91-9cff-19431e25f131">Re: Fiji resorts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have anything to add, I just want to say how jealous I am. Fiji is H's dream vacation spot. You're pictures are beautiful summerkutie! And I have the same blue/brown/white striped bikini.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I got that bikini during their "Beach Sexy" sale. It really is amazing there, maybe you can surprise your DH with a trip there for a milestone anniversary.
  • SuMmErKuTiE ,

Thanks for your advise on this, actually we are getting married in Vegas and I hadn't thought about driving to LA. Driving seems great to break up all those flights!

Thanks again!
  • Fiji is my dream honeymoon. In passing, I've looked at a bunch of different ones and Namale Resort seems absolutely gorgeous. But then again, they all do!
  • H and I got married and honeymooned in Fiji.  I researched the heck out of this trip, mainly concentrating on the following resorts:

Royal Davui
    Likuliku
    Namale
    Qamea
    Taveuni Palms
    Vatulele
    Matangi

We settled on a week at Royal Davui and five nights at Likuliku.  I wish we could have stayed longer!  Likuliku has the overwater bungalows and we liked both resorts, but we preferred Royal Davui overall. 

I have a website of pictures from our trip - the address is bobandkate.shutterfly.com.  There are PLENTY of pictures there so you can see what those two resorts are all about!

Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • msaputramsaputra member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2010
    summerkutie and girlinchicago, your Fiji honeymoon pictures looked AMAZING!!! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_fiji-packages-ta-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:4610e496-1bee-47eb-a810-8d0fd9cabed4Post:dacdd6c1-fec8-4590-b2d2-be107a2559b5">Re: Fiji resorts</a>:
    [QUOTE]summerkutie and girlinchicago, your Fiji honeymoon pictures looked AMAZING!!! :)
    Posted by msaputra[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_fiji-packages-ta-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:4610e496-1bee-47eb-a810-8d0fd9cabed4Post:dacdd6c1-fec8-4590-b2d2-be107a2559b5">Re: Fiji resorts</a>:
    [QUOTE]summerkutie and girlinchicago, your Fiji honeymoon pictures looked AMAZING!!! :)
    Posted by msaputra[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :0)

We actually flew out on the same Air Pacific flight and took the same picture of the huge plane after getting off in Fiji. Too funny!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards