I am wondering if anyone would recommend or not recommend delaying the honeymoon by 5 months? My fiance and I are getting married in July, and are thinking about delaying the honeymoon until January because it would give us more time to save money, we could go for 2 weeks instead of 1 because we'll have accumulated more vacation time, plus it will be more enjoyable because the winters here are brutal and it will be a chance to escape from that. He will also be starting a new job in May and July is the busiest time of the year for him so it would be less stressful for him to delay it. On the other hand, it won't be as new and exciting if we wait and I'm worried it won't be as special.
Does anyone have suggestions or experience? What do you recommend?