September 2011 Weddings

I was bad :(

Ok so the drama on the favor board pisses me off- i mean come on.. so i posted a post on there- well going to lol... Subject is Favor advice please Mod.

Hey Mod, What is your favors, because according to you everything is not right or good if YOUR not using it? so it will be so much drama-less if you just tell all the rest of the brides what you are using, so they can use it and not have such a negative- sour response from someone like you. Just a thought.
~my new planning bio~ ~I am proud to be in love with a American Solider- He's a true American hero~ ~"When i close my eyes by your side is where i'll always be"~

Re: I was bad :(

• ok ok, i stand corrected- i reported her AND posted this :
    Hey Mod, What is your favors, because according to you everything is not right or good if YOUR not using it? so it will be so much drama-less if you just tell all the rest of the brides what you are using, so they can use it and not have such a negative- sour response from someone like you. Just a thought.
    OH FYI you want respect give it lady, otherwise shut your mouth about someone defending themselves- you yourself should be reported to theknot- oh wait you were! its real sad that my 6 yr old is better mannered than you are.
    ~my new planning bio~ ~I am proud to be in love with a American Solider- He's a true American hero~ ~"When i close my eyes by your side is where i'll always be"~
  • This kind of makes me chuckle :)
  • I went and actually read your post, GOOD FOR YOU!! I agree, my 2 year old Godson handles himself better.

Fick- It was pretty entertaining.
    est. 9.17.2011
    furBRAT Tess:)
  • so i wanted to see what all this was about because i'm new...holy crap. some of those women on that board are downright nasty to people.  they give the term being brutal honest new meaning. i also ventured out to other boards and i'm afraid to post anything for fear of being attacked. i'm glad i started here first.

i enjoyed your post, it made me smile :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I can see her point about flip flops as favors, regarding uncertainty of size, would uncle jim and grandma like those as favors ?  Probably not.

But I do agree that some knotties are harsh with each other, it's happened to me a few times. I'm glad this board is much friendlier.

Good for you on taking a stand !
  • I just think it's rude of her to judge people like she does. No, not everyone is going to love the favor you give- it doesn't matter what it is! Someone isn't going to like it. But that's really not the point of them. And if you give something that's meaningful to you or something that you want to give then the chances are that someone else will enjoy it too. I just wish a lot of those girls on that board would be a tad more supportive and less snippy.
  • lmao! went and read your post, and it made me laugh out loud! FI even laughed after wondering what I was laughing about.

We went and read some of the other posts that she has done and wow is she rude. I think i said it in a different post, but there is a polite way of shooting down somones idea .. and then there is her way!

So glad that this group is so great :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome!! :) There is no reason to be as rude/mean as she is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • im glad you called her on it

unfortunately some knotties need to be called out for them to respect you which imo is odd...

now...i have to take a field trip...
    image image

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Way to go Jamie!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • thtas awsome! there is no reason to be rude to people we are all  trying to plan our big day and for someone to be negative should not keep their mouth closed!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I HATE that board!! I posted once, and got eaten alive by those girls. I haven't been back since!
  • I just dont understand why she cant just say "i wouldnt really like that" or "how would you handle sizes" - she clearly prefers edible favors and if anyone is doing anything different its like she the favor police and puts them in their place. It annoys me, everyone wants the truth but why make a bride feel bad about her wedding? I think this woman needs to go back to 1st grade and lern what constructive critisism is.....

I personally am not a huge fan of edible favors and after reading some of her posts I clearly do not agree with her on almost anything haha

So happy this is a constructive board!
  • I swear, it's like her answers are the end-all-be-all of what wedding favors should be!
  • I'm just happy I found this board before I saw any of those...
  • I'm not a big fan of negativity and I totally ventured over to see what the issue was. I think she takes herself too seriously! No one goes to weddings for the awesome favor they are going to go home with! Rather than give 800 ideas of what doesn't work, she should give more suggestions of constructive ideas in the sticky she obviously spent so much time on!

The average guest thinks about favors or like .4 seconds.  She needs to get over herself.
  • And her whole page is private so we cant even see any of her ideas. Whats up w/that?
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • carolinagal78carolinagal78
    100 Comments
    edited August 2010
    So I just went and checked the favors board again. Jcoder001~I agree w/you! I have noticed it before but just didnt say anything and decided to steer clear of that board. It's sad cause nobody should feel like they have to steer clear of any board. I noticed that some of the other gals on that board must like the mod cause they put comments that kinda support her. I think the gals on that board act the way they do cause they are allowed. That mod is a bad example and maybe if more of us would stand up TheKnot would get the hint and remove her. Just a thought!
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • Now I have to mini-vent.

I got bitched at for using colored font when I 1st joined the knot, I don't get it, why have a color palette at the bottom of here if you can't use colors, bold anything, underline anything without someone complaining about it ?

Yesterday I had a mini icon with Bride to Be in flashing letters as my sig and I got told to remove it by someone on the 'Snarky Brides' Board so now I have another icon, not everyone wants to display a pic of them and their FI, geez !
  • UGH! I've said it once, and I'll say it again, the big thing that bothers me is that most of those girls didn't go on there asking for her opinion! If they had said, "I'm thinking about doing flip flops/waterbottles/seed packets/whatever for favors but I'm unsure. What do you think?" then be as blunt as you want to. But she attacks girls that have already purchased the favor and are just wanting someone to share in their excitement. And she has to jump all over them. Favors aren't required in the first place so giving ANYTHING is a nice gesture. I agree that there are plenty of favors I think are silly and a waste of money, but I keep my mouth shut until my opinion is asked.
  • man, the girls who are all cliquey over on favors really don't like that you have called out their "leader"  I've been a moderator before (different board and topic entirely) and holy man...she's totally does NOT fit the description. Just cause your the Mod doesn't mean you can go around bullying other brides...what is she like on her Month board???

I'm glad no one is like that here.

And I too don't always love someone's ideas, but hey, we aren't all the same people, and just because I don't think a little handmade birdhouse looking thing that has some scripture passage is an awesome favor, I still accept it because the couple who made them take great pride in what they've given...

And yes, that's a favor I got at a wedding in June...little stump of wood no bigger than my thumb with a roof hot glued on and a hole drilled to be the entrance...it was cute, and intended to be a christmas tree ornament...cute, but not my thing...but I didn't say anything about it...
  • i'm lovin the responses on the other board!!!  I mean, we aren't exactly trying to dogpile the Mod, but really -- what a bad example of how one should NOT be! we need to rally for a new mod over there... :)

• so I posted...and I believe I may get attacked for it...I think my post is well structured...and truthful...lemme know what you think....

Here it is so you don't have to leave the comfort of our amazing board  teehee

I simply don't understand why, if a post has been made in the past and a new member doesn't know about it and doesn't think to look through the many pages of past posts, some feel the need to be negative or less than kind to the person posting. Let the Moderator deal with it. And by deal with it I mean simply put one post saying, nicely, that there has already been a question posted asking for advice on this particular favor, please refer to that post. Then the Moderator can lock the thread with the answer stated simply and everyone else can go about their day without having to feel like they need to post the advice again.

However, if someone has already ordered favors and are simply stating what they have purchased or decided on doing, it's not your place to tell them it's a bad idea. We aren't all the same person and we won't like everyone's ideas. If you don't like the posters already purchased favor...then just be happy you're not invited to the wedding and you don't have to pretend to like the favor. Keep to yourself if you have a negative response, it's just a polite thing to do.

We are all planning weddings, and if your wedding has happened, congrats. Share your tips and things your seen from other weddings, but just be helpful to other brides.

We all want our days to be perfect, we don't want to spend the planning process worrying if everyone at the wedding will have the same reaction to the favors as one person on a board of people we may never meet.

Just my opinion...that's all...I'm not attacking anyone...just stating how I feel...on a thread where everyone is doing the same.
  • Lol, I am surprised that the moderator herself- excuse me- CA2MT4EVeR- hasnt responded. I even said this isnt about her sugggestions for the favors- I am saying it is her attitude and her power trip lol. OOPS i offended her little followers, and i say that with a grain of sarcasm. Man, She isnt God or any higher power anyone else believes in... I myself believes in God, and very christian, but as i begun to think, i dont think this is how the royalty level should go :GOD, CA2MT4EVeR, Jesus, President, Military, Citizens.... I believe she is classified as a Citizen.... in MHO>..
  • Jc- LOL I did the same thing on a comment she made about a bride to be who bought water bottle (I don't even think they were the favor per se)!  that MOD over there is super negative and very rude.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards