Honeymoon Discussions

How many bathing suits?

For those of you who went/are going somewhere tropical for your honeymoon, how many bathing suits did/are you planning to bring? Do you think that one is enough for a 7-day stay, or should I be looking to buy more?

Re: How many bathing suits?

•  i generally bring 2 (you'll want to wash them out after each wear and let it dry).
    sometimes i bring 3. never just one. it needs time to wash and be dried.

• I have one but it's really two. I have a bikini bottom and bikini top but I also have the tankini top to go with the bottom. I also have another bikini I bring along (it's higher waisted than the string I ususally wear)  for those times where I'm feeling bloated and don't want to wear the string. Needles to say, the other one has yet to be worn.
  • omg I am a bikini fanatic and bring about 7-8 on all my trips!
     but for those thatare normal,I would say bring 3.
    You want at least one sporty type one for snorkling or diving or whatever and at least 2 skimpier ones for laying out
  • I normally bring 2

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:4a5b2b91-a0bc-4662-b5cc-8e1f683648b6Post:1be65f80-9308-4538-a4fe-c2fc58c0a2b3">Re: How many bathing suits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg I am a bikini fanatic and bring about 7-8 on all my trips!  but for those thatare normal,I would say bring 3. You want at least one sporty type one for snorkling or diving or whatever and at least 2 skimpier ones for laying out
    Posted by jmestyle[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! I always bring like 7 or 8 even if it's shorter than a weeklong stay! I'm a horrible over-packer, but bathing suits are one thing I won't skimp on. Because if they're not completely dry by the time you want to put it back on it's kind of icky to me. You should be fine with about 3 bathing suits for a weeklong stay. Just make sure you have enough so that you don't have to put back on a damp bathing suit and that you have ones that are for more sportier excursions. HTH!
  • Also if you're looking to stock up on a few more but don't want to empty the bank check out Old Navy and Target. They have a ton of cute suits and are pretty cheap! :0)
  • I usually bring 3-4 and end up wearing 2.
  • No less than 2. I've been going a little swimsuit crazy this year...so I've bought 3 new ones for our honeymoon...and I think I'm bringing along 1 that I got last year. I highly doubt I'll need that many...but hey...it's not like they take up much space in the suitcase.
  • Thanks. I'll look around at Target, Old Navy, etc. Any excuse to buy something new, but I didn't want FI to think I was being frivolous (sp?). Now I can show him proof that I do need more than one. :)
  • FinkFink member
    First Comment
    Panda, I love that you asked this question!!  When I go away, I can always figure out what clothes to bring but for some reason, I never know how many bathing sutis to bring!.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Its your honeymoon. I have bought two so far that are new and I am bringing one I bought last year. You want to have a different swimsuit in your pics. 
  • Two minimum, but usually at least three.  Not only do they take a while to dry, but some days you might wear two different suits - it's pretty common for us to go to the beach in the morning/afternoon, but then go back to the beach or to the pool/hot tub after dinner and I get grossed out by the thought of putting on a wet suit.  So I'd say at least three, plus a sportier suit if your others won't work for snorkeling and other activities like that. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i think 3 is enough but i pack about 8.  i wear them all usually though.  i am with the girls that feel like they might be bloated or feeling not so great. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards