Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Hotel Check-In

If hotels have certain age requirements to check in, will they waive this if you are married (if you are not the age they require)?  Does anyone know anything about this?

Re: Hotel Check-In

• Options
    Honestly, I've never heard of a hotel putting an age limit on who can check in.  I would have to assume that it wouldn't change just because you're married, though.  Your best bet would be to call the hotel and ask them yourself to be sure.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    Most hotels require an adult to be 21 years of age to check in. I don't think it's an issue if whoever the reservation is under is at least 21 years of age. Not everyone in the party has to be that old, only the person checking in. Unless you are going on a cruise, in that case everyone checking in to board the ship must be 21 years of age or with a legal guardian. Being married doesn't just waive these rules as far as I know.

Are you asking this because you and your FI will both be under the age of 21 when you get married and go try to check into a hotel?
  • Options
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, but at some resorts everyone in your party has to be over a certain age to even make a reservation.  I've never heard of anyone over 18 not being able to check into a hotel, unless it was a 21 and over resort.

Actually, this came up with my cousin.  They wanted to stay at a 21 and over resort and were only 20 but married.

They resort said no way no how.  Actually, the reps exact words were "being married at 20 doesn't magically mean the restrictions of your age no longer apply to you."

Sort of rude, but she deserved it.

I would tend to think no.  They set their restrictions for a reason.
  • Options

I think I remember reading if you're on a cruise or at certain hotels ithey'll waive the age minimum if you're married. Some hotels only require everyone is over 18. I would call wherever you're traveling to.

August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Each hotel has its own policy regarding age. Just call or email to find out directly.
  • Options
    My sister works for the Marriott corporation.  She says it all depends on the hotel chain and how strict they are with their policies.  The best bet would be to contact the customer service or call the hotel directly....just make sure you talk to a manager and get the name of who you talk to.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had this happen once in NM.  I guess it's actually their state laws (or so they said) that require you to be 21 or older.  They did let us get a room, but only after a stern talking to.  They were afraid we were going to throw a raging party lol! We had been driving for 12 hours and just needed a place to sleep haha!  They did inform us that they would kick us out if we got too rowdy ;)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh! Forgot to mention...

I do agree that you should call that individual hotel.  Don't be too surprised if they tack on an additional fee though. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yes,  I am.  Our ages in August will be 18 and 19.
  • Options
    call the resort and ask.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards