• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season?

With the holidays upon us, what 1 aspect are you most looking forward to?

Personally, I am most looking forward to watching my 16 month old niece enjoy Christmas morning.  I have never really been around a child at Christmas and think this is going to be amazing.  The fun of baking Christmas cookies definitely takes back seat to seeing the joy in her eyes on Christmas morning.
September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
We had a great Wedding Party
image image

Re: What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season?

• Agreed, a baby makes Christmas more fun, enjoy that!!! I miss the days when my daughter had more fun with the box her toy came in than the actual toy. 

I'm looking forward to having time off and being home! With 2 weeks of rehearsals and shows and the cold I have now, I feel seriously at the end of my rope. 
  • 3.5 days off, homemade italian wedding soup and cookies!!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Heather, babies do make Christmas SO much fun!

I'm excited for days off, Christmas Eve service, and friends randomly coming into town.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • I'm excited for Christmas morning with my son and grandson!  Although it will be more fun in a few years when there will be two of them and they'll be able to understand the Santa thing!
    Anniversary
  • Oh wow, have so much fun in Hawaii Laura!!! Will you be there on Christmas? I grew up in Fla., but now I can't imagine a tropical Christmas. 
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_looking-forward-over-holiday-season?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:e897e1c0-27ba-42f9-9233-7dd64b3a34e6Post:d243763a-4a1e-4025-a643-8d024859d6bd">Re: What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh wow, have so much fun in Hawaii Laura!!! Will you be there on Christmas? I grew up in Fla., but now I can't imagine a tropical Christmas. 
    Posted by balletdawn[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dawn! We are leaving the 29th and will be there through January 6th.  This is the first year we aren't spending Christmas with family so it will be a change for sure!
  • I'm really looking forward to spending Christmas with H's family. I don't have any extended family near by or that I am close to so it was always just me, my sister, and my mom. Fun, but not quite the big family gathering this will be. It's going to be fantastic!
    image image
  • Homemade Italian wedding soup sounds super tasty.

Hawaii - Jealous!!  Have a great time.

Time off - agree that is wonderful.  Boss said I could leave early today. . . .how early can I leave without taking advantage of the offer from him?
    image image
  • I'm looking forward to having a day off work! 

Other than that, not much.  We're going to have a low-key Christmas by ourselves.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • I'm looking forward to a 4 day weekend, not hosting anything, getting to spend the FULL amount of time at both my family's and DH's family's Christmas gatherings this year!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_looking-forward-over-holiday-season?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:649Discussion:e897e1c0-27ba-42f9-9233-7dd64b3a34e6Post:9fa4f390-2b86-4001-bbba-7f61a4c88c5f">Re: What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season?</a>:
    [QUOTE]SLEEP! :) and Hawaii..
    Posted by larzhope[/QUOTE]

Jealous!!

I'm looking forward to starting a new tradition with H. BTW, what do you guys thing about movies on Christmas day?
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_looking-forward-over-holiday-season?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:649Discussion:e897e1c0-27ba-42f9-9233-7dd64b3a34e6Post:cfe8975f-8824-4784-add1-a911f1c8e323">Re: What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season? : Jealous!! I'm looking forward to starting a new tradition with H. BTW, <strong>what do you guys thing about movies on Christmas day?</strong>
    Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]
    We always watch Christmas Story and A Charlie Brown Christmas, but have been known to watch horror/disaster movies if H gets any for Christmas. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_looking-forward-over-holiday-season?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:e897e1c0-27ba-42f9-9233-7dd64b3a34e6Post:cfe8975f-8824-4784-add1-a911f1c8e323">Re: What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season? : Jealous!! I'm looking forward to starting a new tradition with H. <strong>BTW, what do you guys thing about movies on Christmas day?
    </strong>Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]

H had a tradition with his HS friends that every year they would meet up and go out to the movies on Christmas day/night
  • I was thinking about starting that. We have the middle of the day free until Dinner, I thought it would be nice to start that tradition with just the 2 of us.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_looking-forward-over-holiday-season?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:e897e1c0-27ba-42f9-9233-7dd64b3a34e6Post:cfe8975f-8824-4784-add1-a911f1c8e323">Re: What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you most looking forward to over the Holiday Season? : Jealous!! I'm looking forward to starting a new tradition with H. BTW, <strong>what do you guys thing about movies on Christmas day?
    </strong>Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]

I think having them on in the background is fun, but I prefer to be able to talk to family rather than just sit and watch movies.  I do not see some of the people enough and want to catch up with them during the few hours we have together.
    image image
  • I'm off Fri and Sat. I agreed to work a 7-3 for my co worker who has 4 boys. Its important to me that he gets to see his boys Christmas morning, hopefully someone will return the favor one day.
    I am excited to see my SILs since my family will not be around and my IL have become snow birds and given up on Christmas and winter.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have 6 nieces and nephews and 5 of them are under the age of 3, this year I think the 3yr olds/2yr olds are really starting to understand Christmas this year and Santa so Im excited as well to see them open gifts. And DH and I bought them really awesome gifts so Im excited to see their reactions. Also here is a fun fact for those who love the movie A Christmas Story, they school that is filmed at is located in the city I live in, St. Catharines. Its only a short drive away from my house..It was a school til a few years ago it closed and now it is a womens shelter, I think thats the only one in the city.

• I can't wait for my kids and H to open their presents. We got really cool stuff for the kids and I got H something he really wants. I am sooo excited!!

image Anniversary
  • I am excited about spending time with H! Since he works in sales, he has been working nonstop all month. He's only had one day off a week, and that's a day I ALWAYS work, and then he has class at night :( He gets off at 6 tonight and we get to spend some time together and have our Christmas :) Then we're going to my parents and staying the night there so we can do the presents thing and breakfast and go to church in the morning. Then we're off to his family's! We didn't spend Christmas together when we were engaged, so i'm excited to be apart of each other's traditions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards