• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

Left or Right?

For this question lets say Bride is at end of aisle facing alter, groom at alter standing on the right side. I thought it was the right of the Bride for the change over at the alter. Royals did it on the left I asked at the time and was told the left was normal.  So it got me thinking maybe I am backwards being I live down here where the toilets flush counter clockwise! ha.

Re: Left or Right?

• But you're right, the Middletons did it the opposite. I don't think it's 'incorrect' but just how we do it here...
  • not really sure this is a wrong or right. but my dad will be on my right :)

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • h_pearsonh_pearson member
    100 Comments
    edited May 2011
    Maybe Mr. Middleton did it that way since he had to stand up there at the altar for a good bit of the ceremony?

I don't think it really matters what side though.
  • I've actually seen a few weddings on tv that show the father or whoever on the left side, I thought it was odd at first but I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it.  I voted right side because that's what I plan to do as of now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
    image 55 Are ready to celebrate! image 22 Are missing out! image 5 Are MIA!
  • I think it might have more to do with what makes sense. i.e. if dad is going to sit on the right side of the aisle then he should stand to the right of the bride, and vice versa. For the royal wedding he had to stand up there for a while, so it made more sense for him to stand on her left so he didn't have to switch sides.
  • Maybe it's because the brits drive on the other side of the road?
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards