Connecticut

Walking down the aisle to...?

I just emailed my brother (he is a professor of music at ccsu) to help us find ceremony musicians and I said I had chosen the Bridal March aka "Here comes the bride" to walk down the aisle to. He wrote back and said some churches don't allow you to walk to that... I guess I was just assuming they did. What are you other "church girls" wakling down the aisle to?

Re: Walking down the aisle to...?

• carrie1978carrie1978 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I walked down to "here comes the bride" in church. i know that it was not allowed in the past when my sister got married and when my mother questioned our priest for my wedding, he said they now allowed it. I would double check with your church just in case
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Trumpet Voluntary in D Major-LOVE IT! Did you get a book when you met with your priest? Ours gave us a whole book of reading, psalms & song suggestions! HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • acapalboacapalbo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    An instrumental version of "All you need is love" by the Beattles, not getting married in a church though
  • edited December 2011
    Our string trio (violin, cello, and flute) played "You Raise Me Up."Canon in D is another popular one.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also walked down the aisle to Trumpet Voluntary (also called Prince of Denmark's March) and LOVED it.Other alternatives are Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, Ode To Joy, Canon in D and other pieces by Handel.  Talk to your church.  They may have a list that you can peruse to see which one best fits. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also doing the instrumental version of All You Need Is Love  :) but not getting married in a church so probably not much help! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    It is not allowed in many churches because Wagner was an anti-Semite so even though I can have it I just didn't really want it.So we are using All the Way normally sung by Frank Sinatra, sung by a friend of mine:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I plan to walk to Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. I think it's such a beautiful peice.  :-)(We're getting married in a chapel - not a church, though).
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • JBDamonMJBDamonM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also walked down to Trumpet Voluntary.....   It was BEAUTIFUL.  I hired a trumpet - and he started with the "Here Comes The Bride"....just to get people to stand - and then transitioned into Trumpet Voluntary......I LOVED IT!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I love Jesu joy of man's desiring too!  are you having it instrumental or sung? 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I'm walking down to Canon in D by a solo violinist, it's always been my dream, i love that song!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards