Connecticut

Honeymoons

FI and I are starting to look for honeymoon spots.  We were thinking of Sandals in Ocho Rios Jamaica,  something warm tropical.  We are thinking of going the Sunday after the wedding or shortly after.  What are some good spots that you guys can recommend.  Nothing too extravagent, but all inclusive would be a def. plus!  TIA
BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Honeymoons

• ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We spent our HM at the Riu in Paradise Island, Bahamas. It's not too extravagant, and is all-inclusive. It's steps from the beach and we had a room on the 10th floor w/ a balcony overlooking the ocean. The staff there is SO nice too. It's a short drive to Nassau and has great shopping. You can go next door to the Atlantis (for a fee) and spend the day there as well. I have nothing but great things to say about the Riu. I believe that there are 3 located in the Caribbean. [url]<a href="http://www.riu.com/en-us/Paises/bahamas/paradise-island/hotel-riu-paradise-island/index.jsp" rel='nofollow'>http://www.riu.com/en-us/Paises/bahamas/paradise-island/hotel-riu-paradise-island/index.jsp</a>[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    See my post below "FYI 2010 Brides"
    Stroller Pushing,Doctor Respecting, Full Time Daycare Paying, Alone Time Appreciating,Boundary Setting Momma
    Jenny McCarthy = Former Playmate and MTV host
    Pediatrician = Doctor with extensive experience and education on children.
    Bumpies = Don't get me started!
    I know who I get my health advice from!
    What are you looking at?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    have you considered taking a cruise? We are doing a western Carribean cruise, I have actually done this cruise before and LOVED it! You get to visit several different islands, never have to worry about meals or really planning out stuff to do on your trip. I always cruise Royal Caribbean, and I have to say there is nothing like coming back to an awesome 5 course meal every night after spending the day on the beach!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I second the cruise idea! I LOVE cruising! There is nothing like it. You walk on the ship and you dont have to think about anything. They do everything for you. I have cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. Both are great. Carnival is a bit cheaper in price, but still great! Get a balcony room though, it is worth the $.   Let me know if you need suggestions on what islands to visit. I have done Eastern, Western, and Southern Caribbean. Southern is my favorite, since it goes to Aruba!
  • dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Sandals Grande St. Lucian in St. Lucia. We wanted something all inclusive so we didn't have to worry about anything and love the fact that it even includes most activities and water sports...even golf!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i HIGHLY recommend Aruba. it was like heaven on earth. we stayed at the Mill Resort, which is definitely no-frills, but it was very cheap, too. they do have many all-inclusives down there, too. just make sure to stay in the High Rise area (on Palm Beach).
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest instead of the Sandals in Ocho Rios that you check into the RIU Resort, which is literally right next door to the Sandals. FI and I spent a week there in May and it was awesome. It has more beach than the Sandals and it's all inclusive so it was nice just to have it paid for up front. I have also heard that it's half the cost of Sandals. Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor and you can see lots of pictures of the place, too. Oh, and 3 words - in-room liquor dispenser!!!
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Starrbuk - we stayed at the Mill 2x! love it there. you're right, no frills, but really nice and affordable. And you are located in the middle of all of the hotels.  LOVE Aruba! It is my favorite. We were planning our honeymoon there until we changed our date and are now doing Hawaii.
  • edited December 2011
    For our honeymoon we went to Europe, but I've been to Jamaica before and loved it!  We stayed at the Rockhouse in Negril.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we are going to St. Lucia and will likely stay at the Sandals Grande... we have the plane tickets but are researching some of the hotels before making a final decision
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    erica:  lol i heart the mill!  for the price, it's in the perfect location!!  we're going back in march for my bday :)  i think it's like aruba's little secret!
  • edited December 2011
    We've stayed at Beaches in Ocho Rios before. It is the kid version of Sandals - which is it's sister hotel. Everything was awesome!! Not one complaint. We would definitely go back... so I'm sure Sandals would be just as good for a honeymoon!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dom922dom922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LucyD what part of Europe?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards