Connecticut
Options

Tashua Knolls or Stone Barn?

While I'm at it...might as well ask for opinions on Tashua Knolls (Trumbull) and Stone Barn (Monroe)??  These are 2 others I'm looking into for a wedding venue.  Also looking into Waterview, but the pics look great online and already have a friend who went there for a wedding and said it was really nice. 

Re: Tashua Knolls or Stone Barn?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't speak for Tashua Knolls on the wedding end, but I had my bridal shower there and everything was fantastic!! Waterview is gorgeous and does a great wedding.....just be leary of the wedding coordinators leading up to the day. Day of, they pull everything together beautifully but leading up they can be hard to get a hold of.
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the Stone Barn and loved it!We liked the Waterview but did not like at all that they were inflexible with their times.  The Stone Barn was fantastic to deal with from start to finish.  Page me for pics if you'd like!
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Tashua Knolls a few months ago, really NMS and the food was cold and undercooked, DH and I weren't impressed.I think the Stonebarn is a much better choice.  I've been to a few events there and they were very nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married about a month ago at the Waterview, and I loved it there.  Mandy was great to work with. I've been to 2 weddings recently at Tashua.  I thought it was nice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I had our ceremony and reception at the Waterview. We were really happy with everything, start to finish! Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions about the venue dmbcrush915 at hotmail.com :) Tashua Knolls is gorgeous! A friend of mine was married there, she was very happy with everything, and her pics were beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into Tashua Knolls and it ended up being one of our final 4. Everything looked great. We didnt have any complaints- just liked another place better. The food looked awesome and we were invited to come try it out anytime for free, even before booking with them or anything. The guy seemed very accomodating for whatever we would want. He even said they provide lights that light up under the main tables - which seems small but looked really cool! They do the cocktail hour outside and provide an ice sculpture (I believe). Their prices were also pretty reasonable. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't met with them in person already!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have seen Tashua Knolls and Waterview. My soon to be in-laws have held events at Stone Barn and they had great experience with the service. I thought Tashua Knolls was reasonably priced and the guy Dominick was very open to negotiating. My soon to be mother in-law thinks Waterview is the nicest out of the three. I went to my friend's wedding at Waterview a few years ago and has a great time. Waterview is beautiful inside and out! One really good thing about Waterview is that gratuity is not mandatory. Most places charges at least 18%. The down side is that you have to pay for the venetian table and the price for Waterview is more expensive. I'm getting married Oct 2010 the pricing for Friday starts at $115 and Saturday starts at $135.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards