Connecticut

SICK!

Ok...so I have felt a bit off for a couple weeks now...and today I actually feel like it's going to hit me big time...5 days before the wedding! ANy advice??

Re: SICK!

• Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OJ, Chicken Soup and try Emergen-C it works great.Feel better quick!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG what a nightmare!  Hopefully you are not working this week and can take the time to relax, get some sleep and take care of yourself!!  Be sure to drink plenty of fluids!! 
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, I'm supposed to work through wendesday and work has gotten crazy with problems since last week...hence no sleep. I'm going to bring everything home with me tonight, and hopefully if I wake up sick tomorrow I can work from home. Anyone ever heard of getting a vitamin c shot?
  • edited December 2011
    emergen-C drink mix really helps if it is just a cold and cold-ease lozenges!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely Emergen-C.  Take at least 3 packets a day.  I'd probably do 4-5/day.  Drink lots of water.  You might want to try doing a hot bath in epson salts and try to sweat it out also.  Get lots of rest.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Erin&MikeyErin&Mikey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is going to make me sound like an alcoholic, but if you can do it, do a shot of vodka with some pepper sprinkled on top. FI is Ukrainian and his whole family swears by this! Feel better soon!
  • edited December 2011
    me too dpantaleoni! im a date twin getting married in 5 days and i have all sorts of sinus problems right now. i cant stop sneezing and blowing my nose and i have to work til thurs night then i only get one day off! its awful! plus i heard its gonna rain on sat for our wedding! =( i am so sad!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    chicken soup, big time!! DH was sick on Sunday and i made it for him...by monday night he was all better :) and i am totally writing down the vodka shot thing! alky or not, whatev! ;)
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you feel sick! It seems like everyone has this nasty cold going around. I had it last week and now FI is down for the count. Definitely just rest rest rest! The Emergen-C works wonders! It's amazing what just one day off from work and resting will do. I have felt like a brand new person sometimes after staying home just one day to rest. Feel better! And knottie vibes! :0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards