Connecticut

Need recs for photojournalist style photog

Hey Girls! I'm a BM in my BF's wedding, in CT, in October 2010. She needs recos for photogs who have a photojournalistic style. She'd like someone who will still take requested "posed" shots, but then will just really capture the rest of the day without too much instruction on posing, etc. They don't have a budget set yet, so they're open to all suggestions! Thanks!!

Re: Need recs for photojournalist style photog

• edited December 2011
    My photographer was Misty Enright from Stamford.  She travels all over - www.mistyenright.com.  We've only seen a few of our pro pics but they are great so far!  I highly recommend her - she also did my b-pics and those came out AMAZING!
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aurora Photography.I wanted someone with a photojournalistic style, who would take a few posed pictures as well.  I can't say enough good things about our photog.  We loved her, she was awesome.  Pro pix in my married bio.http://www.aurora-photography.net/
  • SweetSimaSweetSima member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted the same thing and am using Sue at www.beginwithagrin.com .  They cater to all budgets :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Raw Photo Design, they are absolutely AMAZING. I also looked at Nikki Nicholem Eric Foley (http://blog.ericfoleyphotography.com/weddings/kim-and-shane-anthonys-ocean-view-new-haven-ct/ ) but he was booked and Carla Ten Ecyk, and a few more. I have a spreadsheet with their info and my notes if you would like it, I'm happy to share. Email me at amybjohnson26@gmail.com. :) Good luck! And make sure you ask the photographer for a FULL album of one of their weddings so you can really get a good idea of what they take. Also, remember that in the packages that some will offer more albums and that will jack the cost up. They can always get albums later. Pay for talent now and so you can make albums with the shots you have later if you want. Good luck and let me know if you want that sheet. -Amy
  • edited December 2011
    [url]www.photographybynicholas.com[/url]I LOVED working with him he did photojournalistic style photos but also did any posed shots I asked for:)check out the link to his blog and see my wedding:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Mike Ross out of Hamden and we were thrilled with his results. Page me for pics!
  • rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Dru Nadler and she was fabulous. She is a photojournalist (works for a newspaper part time) and has been doing weddings for years. She did a great job of capturing expressions and little moments. We also did posed pictures and she of course took the classic wedding shots. We just got our pictures back and they were wonderful. www.drunadler.com
  • edited December 2011
    HK Photography.  Loooooove Hubert and Alka.  They're very unintrusive but will also make sure to get the shots you want.  Alka does some really great artistic shots.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Kathy 9/18/09Kathy 9/18/09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Robert and Kathleen photographers - their work is amazing.  Their website is www.robertandkathleen.com
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used Robert Taylor. [url]www.roberttaylorphotography.com[/url] the pics on his website do him NO justice...mine came out a billion times better. i'd be more than happy to send you a link if she'd like them. he is expensive (we paid $3500) but IMHO totally worth it!
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto HK.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a third vote for HK Photography!  When my FI & I saw there sample books and website we where blown away...then we meet them!  That was the clencher for us!  They are wonderful and I can't wait to see how they capture our special day!
  • dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erik Maziarz was wonderful....he works with Carla Ten Eyck now is is also phenomenal.
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Studio 1923! The wedding hasn't happened yet but there are lots of girls who have used them on here and their pics looked great!
  • Sabina1313Sabina1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Val McCormick :)  She's ours and she's awesome and just got a great personality.Also love Eric Foley.  It was a hard choice between the two of them honestly.
  • edited December 2011
    Love, love, love Carla Ten Eyck!!! We told her what family pics we wanted and other than that just told her to do her thing. She is amazing and has a fantastic eye. If she is not available all the photographers that work for her (Katie Slater, Graham Scobey and Eric Maziraz are amazing as well!) I have pics in my bio if you want to see some of Carla's work. Eric at Raw is amazing as well.
  • NicoleMud80NicoleMud80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Joe Pecoraro of Joseph's Photography (www.josephs.com). His work is amazing - really capturing the emotion of the moment without everyone being posed and/or looking at the camera. We have our e-pics with him tomorrow. You should also check out Bruce Plotkin. His work is really breathtaking. We were going to use him, but he was out of our budget. A couple of our friends used him and LOVED him.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Eric Foley (he was mentioned above). We just did our e-pics about 4 weeks ago and love them - Google "Eric Foley Photography" to check out his blog / website to see his style. He is totally artsy, photojournalistic. It's a great modern, edgy blend but he also is so great at capturing the tenderness and sweetness of 2 people in love. It's amazing. We are doing the 10 hour package so we get him + an assistant for our whole day, a photobooth at our reception, and a slideshow of photos taken post-ceremony to play during the reception. He's definately worth checking out!
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are TONS of photogs that use a photojournalistic style, its really a matter of how much she wants to spend. I'm using Diane Parsons from Parsons Photography I love her and her work is really good. She is good with detail and will do whatever you want. Her packages are great, the one price you pay includes unlimited photo sessions (epics, informals, rehearsal dinner, b-pics) I paid $3000
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Catherine Fiehn her website is www.catherinefiehn.com she has a mix style but told us we could control how many posed pics we wanted. I really liked that and her photojournalism type photos where amazing. She is extremely reasonable for her quality. I didn't think we could afford her when I saw her pics but she worked with us.
  • jackdflippjackdflipp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Steady Photography. He is really great! Check out his website at www.steadyphotography.com Oh I almost forgot he is also really reasonable priced
  • ydonnachieydonnachie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I researched over 70 photographers because our budget was so strict.  I loved Erik Maziarz and Eric Foley and Studio 1923 and all those guys but couldn't afford them & HK was booked for my date...I found Jeff Lundstrom who I absolutely LOVE; www.jefflundstromphotography.com.  He charges $1800 (includes tax!) and you get an engagement session, thank you cards, the rights to all your pictures, and a guestbook.  Albums are extra.  I love his work!!!  Email me and I can give you the password to his full online albums — they're amazing compared to the few shots he has on his website: ydonnachie at yahoo dot com.  HTH!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! So helpful!!!
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer is in CT..and she was great! I was just logging on to post my photos for people to view!! I would check out her website..she was so much fun to work with..my fiancee and I were so comfortable with her! www.hanlonphotography.comIf you want to see my photos:www.hanlonphotography.com/Belvelle
  • edited December 2011
    I love Meg from creativeimagecollections.comShe is a photojournalist and most of the photos are candid.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be using Discover Photo, they are out of New Britain, and have great packages and are a very nice couple, worth to check out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards