Connecticut

Waveny House - air conditioning

Hi! I'm new to this and need help! We just booked the Waveny House in New Canaan for early Sept ... anyone have any insight or experience with the weather there? They don't have AC so i'm a bit worried ... Let me know! THANKS!!!!

Re: Waveny House - air conditioning

• starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can't help on that place specifically, but i did have the same situation at my wedding. my venue had AC, they just didn't turn it on for our wedding, which was in August. i thought they were going to and i was definitely not happy with the lack of AC, but i was too busy to say anything to them. we had an indoor space with a huge deck on back, so they just left all the windows & doors open. it was definitely hot in there, but as the evening went on it cooled off a lot. i didn't hear anyone complaining, except 1 girl who actually made a point to come up to me and ask my why there wasn't AC. RUDE imho. anyway, i'd say as long as you can keep windows or doors open to allow some breeze, you should be fine. what time is you reception?
  • edited December 2011
    That's good to hear! Our reception is at 6pm so I'm thinking it will be cool enough - or hoping! Lots of windows, doors and outdoor space :) THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We were there last year for a late Sept wedding on a "warmer" evening (i.e. it wasn't hot but it was a bit more than seasonable).  If memory serves, they had the windows open and the fresh air definitely seemed to make a difference -- either that, or the doors being open on the front & back of the house made it seem like windows were open.I'm sure you'll be fine and you certainly picked a lovely spot for your big day!
  • CCanigliaCCaniglia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at Waveny as well!  May 15th, 2010.Unfortunately if I remember correctly, they do not have AC.  However they have huge industrial fans that they used when I went to camp there years and years and years ago!  I would call and ask if they have fans available but, as I think someone said above, it will def. cool down in the evening and there are plenty of windows/doors that can be opened for a nice breeze.Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all of your input!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi all-

I just booked my date for May 2012, curious how the setting was for you in May 2010 (meaning were the garden flowers blooming? was it overly warm inside?)

also do any of you have advice?  I know the space will be lighting but would love to hear your ideas and see your pictures!!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards