Connecticut

NWR: Halloween!

What are you going to be for Halloween?Does anyone have any good Halloween-themed recipes?  We're hosting a party.  I know I'm doing cupcakes and cookies, but I'd also like something savory.  BTW, I'm only serving vegetarian dishes.To answer my own questions, I'm being Robin Hood, or if you go by its commercial name "Robyn da Hood."  I'm getting rid of the stupid hat that comes with it and making my own.My really good food idea is to make face- and hand-shaped ice (from a mask and rubber gloves) and float them in punch so it looks really creepy!

Re: NWR: Halloween!

• edited December 2011
    We aren't doing anything this year since it is a week before our wedding. As for recipe's, I don't really have anything Halloween-themed, but how about some vegetarian chili or something.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmmm the vegetarian chili sounds good! I'm not much help with the recipes for something savory but I am baking. I am making pumpkin spice cupcakes from scratch with cream cheese frosting and halloween shaped sugar cookies with orange frosting for the party we're going to. FI and I are weren't going to do "couples costumes" this year since we did it last year (we dressed up as mobsters). But we recently got an English Bulldog who has a black patch of fur around her left eye (it's too cute) so I've been calling her my little pirate! Haha.. so we changed our minds and decided she inspired us to dress up as pirates this year. :0)
  • edited December 2011
    This is a declicous appetizer...made to look like eyeballs. Take cherry tomatos and hollow them out -- fill with guacamole or just mashed avacado. Garnish with a slice of olive..walla--a witches eye! (and they are yummy)
    Stroller Pushing,Doctor Respecting, Full Time Daycare Paying, Alone Time Appreciating,Boundary Setting Momma
    Jenny McCarthy = Former Playmate and MTV host
    Pediatrician = Doctor with extensive experience and education on children.
    Bumpies = Don't get me started!
    I know who I get my health advice from!
    What are you looking at?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Wow all your friends are vegatarians I'm impressed. Wish my friend and I could eat like that. My friends would just up and leave LOL I've noticed vegatarians have to most amazing skin. I just saw a recipe on tv for popcorn with olive oil and brewers yeast.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmmm those tomato things sound DELISH. im going to write that one down! i dont really have any halloween specific recipes, but i do have one for a spinach & artichoke dip that is ALWAYS a hit at my super bowl party! i can email it to you if you'd like... also check out food networks' recipes. [url]http://www.foodnetwork.com/halloween/package/index.html[/url] im going costume shopping today. there's like, 10,000 things i want to be lol. question is - what can i find for less than $50? i reeeaaalllllyyyy want to be a vampire (ala twilight, im obsessed, cant help it!) but we'll see! hope the stupid costume store has things left!!
  • ofeliaknitsofeliaknits member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, none of my friends are vegetarians, but since I am and I'm making all the food, that's what they get!  They never even notice.  Thanks for the ideas everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards