• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Connecticut

Reviews II: Fairfield Cty, Hartford, Boston [cake/flowers/photog/dj]]

Cakes: Wedding Cake & Groom's Cake Modern Pastry (Hartford, CT) Met Expectations: yes, but we had to pay them extra :) Overall Grade: A- Our cake was included in the wedding package at GFox. There was some initial confusion over what was actually included in the package (the confusion was GFox's fault, not Modern's). We finally settled on a nice wedding cake, and my mother in law decided she'd like to buy us a groom's cake. And that she'd like it in the shape of Texas. Modern offered to do it, but said she'd need to find the cake pan, etc. The cakes both looked great and were delivered on time. Overall, I thought the groom's cake was a little dry, and was a little bummed it only had filling in the top layer. Rehearsal Dinner Cake Cabot's Ice Cream (Newton, MA) A+ I love Cabots. They made us a giant ice cream cake and helped us pack it up so we could drive it down to Hartford. If you want ice cream cake, go to Cabots immediately. DJ: QNR Productions Eric & Celeste Walker (Based in Boston, serve all of NE) Met Expectations: EXCEEDED Would recommend: absolutely Overall Grade: A+ I have to say, I never thought my DJ would be my favorite wedding vendor. However, Celeste and Eric are AWESOME. They worked with my budget, and we signed a contract for one DJ. I got two DJs, two entire setups (cocktail hour and ballroom), and a wedding coordinator for the same price. These guys were ALL OVER G-Fox (who totally dropped the ball leading up to the wedding) and made sure everything went off without a hitch. I seriously think Celeste would have stopped traffic for us on a highway if it had to happen. They had professional but fun composure throughout the entire night, and met with us 3-4 times before the wedding to talk about what we wanted (by which I mean we got together 3-4 times and said we didn't care, we trusted them, for the love of god i don't even have an ipod! Just play music!!") My ONLY minor comment is that there were a LOT of fast songs. That might be because the dance floor was packed from the second the cake was cut. Once my mom asked him to slow it down a little for the older folks, they did so immediately. I can't recommend these guys enough. Please let me know if you want more info. Price-wise, you won't find a better deal in the area. Photographer: Erin Chapman Imagery (Wrentham, MA) Met Expectations: Pending! Would recommend: definitely. Overall grade: Pending! Erin is really sweet, and this summer was her first full wedding season. I'm glad we got her on her first year, or we wouldn't have been able to afford her! I want to wait until all is said and done before posting a final evaluation (everyone gives their photog an A+++++++++++ just after the wedding, and frankly, I want to make her earn it!) If you want to see photos, or get contact info, shoot me an email. Flowers: 1) Brides Bouquet Lane & Lenge (West Hartford, CT) Met Expectations: Yes Overall Grade: B+ My bouquet was GORGEOUS. Visually, I couldn't be happier. I was pretty bummed when the fern (or fern-like thing) the florist used to make my bouquet shed ALL OVER MY DRESS, ALL DAY LONG. It was one of those things that seemed like a great idea until I was covered with green needles. Also --and this was my fault for not giving them anything to go on but a general style, color, and price-- the flowers smelled SO STRONGLY that I had to put my bouquet down for some of the photos. And I say this as someone with absolutely no allergies or prior irritability!! 2) Other flowers: I will post when I track down their name. They ordered me wholesale flowers at cost, and taught me how to do my BM bouquets and bouts at no cost. They are in Stamford, CT [a girl I used to babysit 57346 years ago works there and did me a favor]. A+.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards