Connecticut

Update: Rings and E-Pics

Here is an update from my post a few days ago. 

My ring:  I went to my jeweler today.  She said my ring is actually still too loose, but because I don't feel like it's going to fall off we aren't going to do anything about it right now.  She said that since my fingers are a little more swollen now than in the winter, water is definitely getting trapped so I just have to make sure to dry my hands really well and move the ring to dry underneath.  She also cleaned it, gave me a jar of cleaner, and said anytime I'm in the area I can just pop in and she will clean it for me. So far it's feeling much more comfortable today.  I also looked at wedding bands a little bit and tried some.  It's hard because the shape of my e-ring, but we may have found one that works.  Although, it's $990 so I'm waiting a little bit to see if her selection changes. 

E-Pics:  I've been e-mailing back and forth with my photographer and we decided on a location.  We are going to go to Wadsworth Falls in Middlefield/Middletown first then we are going to go to downtown Middletown.  FI saw pics of Wadworth Falls and got really excited because he's never been there. That way we can get a little touch of beach too. 

Now my one last question about e-pics....I asked it in a post a week or 2 ago, but I don't think it got answered.  I wanted to go to the mall and get my makeup done earlier that day.  For those of you that have gotten your makeup done at the mall for an occassion, did you tell them that's why you wanted them to do it, or did you go in letting them think you were interested in buying their makeup?

Re: Update: Rings and E-Pics

• edited December 2011

Whenever I have gone to get my makeup done at the mall for an occasion, I always tell them why. You should plan on buying something from them, even if its just a lipgloss.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP- I would say that you are getting E pics taken, and using it as a "makeup trial" of sorts, then make sure you buy something, even something small. I would say something like "I'm getting my engagement pictures taken today, and interested in budget friendly make up that will flatter me, and that I can use again for my wedding, but not cost a ton"....just so they know you are on a budget, but also know that you will most likely buy something.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I would 'white lie' this one - tell them you're getting your e-pics done, but you're thinking of doing your own makeup for the wedding and are trying to check out products.  That way, you can buy one or two things (which you should do) and then tell them you're going to buy the rest closer to the wedding.  Win-win, and it's only a partial lie!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards