• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Connecticut

wholesale flowers in ct

does anyone know where to go for wholesale flowers?  i want to do my bouquets on my own and want to be able to go there and pick out the stems.  anyone else do this or doing this?  

Re: wholesale flowers in ct

• edited December 2011
    Most wholesale flower warehouses require you to have a tax ID to use them.  I looked into a few places when I was doing my planning, but I couldn't come up with a place that would really work with my situation.

With that being said, I did my own centerpieces, and had my florist make my bouquets, corsages and bouts.  We used Flore in Woodbury.  Lori is the owner and she is very open to DIY brides.  I actually got wholesale prices for my centerpiece flowers and she price matched them for me.  She also helped me come up with the design and taught me how to make them. There was no additional charge for any of her instruction.

I would highly recommend going this route over trying to buy online, etc.  She refrigerated the flowers for me until I was ready to pick them up and make the arrangements.  She also provided me with all the supplies I needed: vases, floral wire, spikes, oasis, etc.  It was one stop shopping.  It also ended up that the original flowers delivered had some issues.  She noticed it when they arrived and took care of making sure they were replaced by 7am the next day.  It definitely paid off to have the pro dealing with everything.

http://www.flowersasmedicine.com/  Take a look at the 'Wedding' section on her site.  If you scroll down the page, there's a blurb about DIY.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You can also look at Costco!
  • kcorbit26kcorbit26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there is also the flower district in NYC! And it is open to the public not wholesaler information required.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards