Connecticut

Pond House in Hartford?

Can anyone share any information about the Pond House at Elizabeth Park in Hartford?  I grew up near the Park with really fond memories but am not sure if the memories from 25 years ago match reality today (I no longer live nearby).

Thanks!

Re: Pond House in Hartford?

• jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my shower there a couple Sundays ago. It was nice but very crowded. .
    The shower was a Sunday and there were tons of people everywhere.
    The flowers were bloomed yet so the scenery was dreary.
    The food was just plain ok
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    honestly, i LOVE the pond house, but i think i'm one of the few who does.  they've been getting so-so reviews lately.

i think their restaurant is excellent, but the banquets seem to leave something to be desired.  i went to one about a month ago and had a great time, but a lot of the girls lately haven't been loving it.  

they did just get their liquor license...so at least that's taken care of now!  
  • EStar73EStar73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We considered there but my mother found out something about them closing early, or earlier than we wanted our wedding to end. I can't remember exactly what time it was. Other than that it's a beautiful place, I went to a prom there a few years ago and there was enough room for at least 100 people and a dance floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards