Connecticut

XP: Marriage License - Tempting Fate? lol

So I text FI today about going to get our marriage license.  Since FI works during normal business hours, we figured he could take off a Friday afternoon at lunch time, meet for lunch together, and after we could drive the 1/2 hour from his work (as opposed to the 45 minutes from home) to go get it.

I wanted to kind of "celebrate" my first year of graduate school being done by going to get it 2 Fridays from this Friday (May 13th).  I texted FI today about it, so he could be sure to let his work (his parents) know he would be taking the afternoon off.

He texts me back "You wanna get our marriage license on Friday the 13th....is that a good idea?" (*tone of skepticism*)

Note: FI isn't generally superstitious, so I found it funny that he was unnerved by the date - I never even made the connection - oops lol...your thoughts on this? Smile
"I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: XP: Marriage License - Tempting Fate? lol

• edited December 2011
    Hahah it's quite funny actually. I'm not the type who believes in that kind of stuff, but in the case I might question it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not usually superstitious either, but I would probably try to avoid getting my marriage license on Friday the 13th, haha
    imageAnniversary
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha- that's one of the Fridays we thought about going together (FI has to take off from work and come down from Boston) but we settled on 5/20. I didn't even think of it that way until I read your post though :)
  • JodiArielJodiAriel member
    edited December 2011
    We got ours on 4/1... April Fools Day!
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_xp-marriage-license-tempting-fate-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:2a1ddbcb-c66b-411e-994e-6bee5e38af07Post:0bf2b794-839d-4b60-b514-506a56e0c121">Re: XP: Marriage License - Tempting Fate? lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha- that's one of the Fridays we thought about going together (FI has to take off from work and come down from Boston) but we settled on 5/20. I didn't even think of it that way until I read your post though :)
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

Haha we could be marriage license date and site twins! lol  I'm trying to figure out if I could wait that long!
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_xp-marriage-license-tempting-fate-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:2a1ddbcb-c66b-411e-994e-6bee5e38af07Post:b9a713e3-a220-4972-a0c5-7e56ceb2888b">Re: XP: Marriage License - Tempting Fate? lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: Marriage License - Tempting Fate? lol : Haha we could be marriage license date and site twins! lol  I'm trying to figure out if I could wait that long!
    Posted by Karebear852k3[/QUOTE]

I know!!! So exciting! Unfortunately, we'll have different marriage license locations though. Our ceremony is in Niantic.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_xp-marriage-license-tempting-fate-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:2a1ddbcb-c66b-411e-994e-6bee5e38af07Post:b3e5b234-81b6-4909-9c06-e2ae82af3881">Re: XP: Marriage License - Tempting Fate? lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: Marriage License - Tempting Fate? lol : I know!!! So exciting! Unfortunately, we'll have different marriage license locations though. Our ceremony is in Niantic.
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

I thought you were using the Greenmanville Chapel...oh well!  I think we are going to avoid the 13th (most people are advising against it lol) and go the week before...
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I don't know if I could do it...even though I'm not superstitious...it just wouldn't sit right...lol
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards