Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Is Concierge Really Worth It at Sandals Resorts?

We have decided on St. Lucia La Toc and the particular room that we want does not include concierge service.  This room offers views that others do not within our price range, so I have to compromise on the view or the level of service.  I have read several reviews that it's definitely the way to go but am wondering if it's really worth it?  Can I make my own dinner reservations or does concierge give you first choice?  Can I book my own excursions or do you get first choice by going through concierge?  I am not opposed to upgrading our room for the concierge service, but want to know if it's reaaaaally worth it in the long run?

Re: Is Concierge Really Worth It at Sandals Resorts?

• Options
    From our experiences concierge in and of itself is not worth it. We've never even used their services. We've booked our excursions on our own and dinner too. From what I've seen thus far at sandals the concierge room level locations are better, has a mini bar in the room and room service is sometimes applicable with that room level also. That being said, even though we don't use the service we do want the better location room so we always go concierge level.
  • Options
    Well, according to a coworker of mine who recently went to Sandals resort and had the concierge service, she was all for it. They took away a lot of the planning involved with reservations - which was the whole point of her vacation. Just to relax and enjoy their week off. So, I'm not sure. A room with the view you want or concierge service? Hmm
  • Options
    We will be at the Grande St. Lucia...father in law insisted on butler service for us, so we will see in May how it goes.  Probably first and last time seeing we could do Italy for 2 weeks at that price lol...but I hear awesome things about them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There's actually three room levels at Sandals. Standard (lowest) Concierge (middle) Butler (highest) I think OP is asking about the middle of the road one.
  • Options

For us, having the concierge was helpful (although I know we could have booked our own reservations easily).  But we really liked the mini bar in the room - it was nice to just be able to go in the fridge & grab a drink without having to go to the bar (yes, that probably sounds lazy but it was nice).

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards