Connecticut

Powerstation or After Hours for DJ?

I'm going to try to set meetings with both for Friday but would like some Knot opinions! 

Re: Powerstation or After Hours for DJ?

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with both. They were the only 2 DJs I met with.  Powerstation offers photography and something else (videography?) as well but we weren't interested in doing the package. We were only interested in DJ services.

We ended up going with After Hours.  I think part of the reason was that FI came with me to that interview but he wasn't able to go to the Powerstation one. Once he gave me the thumbs up for After Hours we went with them.

I also had a better vibe from After Hours but it's tough to explain why. It's probably all about personal opinion and who you feel you click more with.  They were really professional and had a nice presentation for us. They were accomodating and met with us at a convenient location.

Good luck with your decision. I'm curious about what you think!
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never met with After Hours, but we checked out the DJs at Powerstation and were really impressed. We actually got there early for our meeting, and they were super busy so instead of shuffling us around and making us wait, they gave us $10 to go to a cafe down the road and then come back.
    They have several DJs to choose from, and you can watch highlight videos for each. So whether you're looking for someone who gets really involved or someone who doesn't do anything besides play the music, I think you'll be able to find it at Powerstation. We met with Todd who was so laid back and friendly, and we ended up booking David R. who came and chatted with us once we had decided. Added bonus- they were the cheapest out of all the DJs we interviewed.  Dealing with them has been nothing but great so far. We had a coupon for them too that I forgot to bring with us when we booked, and when I asked them if I could still use it, they were accomodating and gave us the discount with no questions asked.
    imageAnniversary
  • tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_powerstation-after-hours-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:32ab7ee2-3149-4d39-bffb-75610acee243Post:3efcce3d-6531-4353-bf4a-dd1099ef0a31">Powerstation or After Hours for DJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to try to set meetings with both for Friday but would like some Knot opinions! 
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly I don't think you would go wrong with either!!  We are using After Hours but both have excellent reputations.</div>
    Married 4/30/11
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    We were able to get appointments with both. Unfortunately I don't think FI will be able to go with me so it might just be my mom and I.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_powerstation-after-hours-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:32ab7ee2-3149-4d39-bffb-75610acee243Post:3efcce3d-6531-4353-bf4a-dd1099ef0a31">Powerstation or After Hours for DJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to try to set meetings with both for Friday but would like some Knot opinions! 
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]

I'm glad your meeting with both of them.  We are using "After Hours".  After meeting with them for over an hour we knew they were the ones.  They were sincere and caring.  No other DJ we talked to made us feel that way.  So my vote is for After Hours.  Good luck...
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_powerstation-after-hours-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:32ab7ee2-3149-4d39-bffb-75610acee243Post:0bdb8817-f228-47db-9bea-f6a765527c9b">Re: Powerstation or After Hours for DJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Powerstation or After Hours for DJ? : I'm glad your meeting with both of them.  We are using "After Hours".  After meeting with them for over an hour we knew they were the ones.  They were sincere and caring.  No other DJ we talked to made us feel that way.  So my vote is for After Hours.  Good luck...
    Posted by Sheila-Norm[/QUOTE]

<div>I met with both of them Friday afternoon and I don't know who I want! I really liked both so I'm not sure who we will end up picking ugh!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards