Connecticut

Who to marry us outside of a church?

Awhile ago some brides posted some priests that would marry outide of the church at an outside venue in CT.

I have msotly everything taken care of except who will marry us, any and all help is GREATLY appreciated! TIA

Re: Who to marry us outside of a church?

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking to have it recognized by the church?

Some retired priests will marry you outside but just keep in mind that it means your marriage isn't recognized in the Catholic Church. 

Technically by doing that it means that you wouldn't be a Catholic in good standing so you wouldn't be able to receive the Eucharist or serve as a sponsor for Confirmation/Baptism among other things.  

That may be the right choice for you but it's just something to keep in mind.
  • edited December 2011
    I have an amazing JOP if thats what you're looking for email me and I will send you her contact info. [email protected]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're having the priest from my FI's church marry us @ Mystic Seaport, but will have a separate "Catholic" ceremony inside his church either before/after our wedding day (just for us & our immediate family). I'm not religious, but he & his family are, so this is our way of compromising :) That way our marriage will be recognized by the church, but we can still have the outside-of-a-church wedding I've always imagined.

Our priest is a friend of his family's, but if he's willing to do this for us, there's gotta be other priests out there that will, too! Good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards