Connecticut

Where is a great place to rent Tuxedos

Can someone provide a recommedation on where to go to rent Tuxes? Looking for great selection and excellent service.

Re: Where is a great place to rent Tuxedos

• edited December 2011
    I don't know where you are located but we are using Lucielle's Bridal/Val's Formal Wear in Orange, 2 other people I know getting married soon are using them too! Tony is very friendly and knows what he's talking about when you are trying to figure out your tux's! My FI actually has been going to him for tux's since highschool (we went to junior and senior prom together years ago) never have had a problem with them so far!
  • edited December 2011
    Men's Warehouse. They have a ton of options and great service!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, there are SO many bad places to go. I used Jos. A. Banks and they were terrible.
    I have heard REALLy good things about Men's Warehouse. My husband was in a wedding party and they used men's warehouse and they were flawless.
  • cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Claudio's in Montville is wonderful.  Family owned so you definitely get wonderful service!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I Chose Lucielle's Bridal/Val's Formal Wear as well! I wanted chocolate brown tuxes and they're the only place that actually had a selection. We went everywhere on the boston post and no place compared. Tony is so great and so welcoming! I would definitely suggest going there, but I will throw out there that one of the ladies that works there was rather rude to my fiance but I've been there about 5-7 times and never had a bad experience, the only time he went without me this issue happened :/ 
  • edited December 2011
    Formals by Antonio in Rocky Hill.  I am not getting married until 8-7-11, but they have been great so far.  My fiance was in a wedding last year and had to get a tux through them.  He is in between sizes so it is normally hard to find the appropriate fitting.  They customized the rental and it looked great.
  • cleobabcleobab member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with Claudio's in Montville.  We used them for our wedding and they were amazing!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love Modern Formals... they have locations in Meriden, North Haven, and Southington
    Visit The Knot! Visit Connecticut.Weddings.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I second Modern Formals. We used them- they were great all around and we had no issues.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • GBroc22GBroc22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

A warning about Formals By Antonio in Rocky Hill...they were awful! Planning with them was ok/a little too laid back.  On the day of, the suits arrived stained and my husbands was actually unwearable (he had to borrow a similar-sized groomsman's).  On return of the suits, they were horrible and threatened us with a letter from their attorney because there were grass stains on the suits, only after we communicated how unhappy we were. 

Awful product + horrible customer service= Terrible Vendor

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards