Connecticut

new to the board

Hi everyone!

I have just started my planning, and am new to the board! I looked at the CT vendors post, which was very helpful but I am wondering if you girls have site suggestions where both the ceremony and reception/dinner can be outside. 
Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: new to the board

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome & Congrats!!

I am no help but I am sure the girls will chime in!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Amarante's in New Haven this past summer.  We had our ceremony right next to the water right before sunset.  Our dinner was inside in the ballroom, but there are large windows that overlook the water so it felt like you were outside.  The service, the food, everything was perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind a public park, check out the Lighthouse in New Haven too.  Carousel something...
  • edited December 2011

The Brandford house in Groton I belive is all outside I think I remember. Maybe even Harkness Park ( Eolia Mansion).  That's all I can think of at the moment. hth

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

Hopkins Vineyard in Warren, CT does outdoor, tented ceremonies & receptions.  we looked into them for ours...their website is http://www.hopkinsvineyard.com/i

hth!
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!!

I think the surf club in madison lets you have the dinner outside. The boat shed at Mystic Seaport, is only under a fully open roof. But I'm not sure if they have ceremony sites. I'm getting married at the Wadsworth and our cermony and reception will be outside, but the dinner is in doors.

Good luck!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!!

As far as outdoor venues.. we're getting married at Waters Edge in Westbrook and our ceremony and cocktail hour are outdoors, but the reception will be inside. I think if you wanted everything outdoors you should look into the vineyards on the CT Wine Trail or public parks, but I think some of the parks have laws about alcohol on the grounds.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I totally second what both Sandra (starrbuk) and Kate (Summerkutie) said about checking out the vineyards and parks.  Like Kate said, some parks have alcohol restrictions, so be sure the check those when you inquire.  I would say the one thing to consider in doing an all outdoor event is that you should really make sure you plan it with possible rain in mind.  You can't control the weather, and it will do whatever it wants to do.  Best to be prepared for everything.  Good luck!  The girls on this board are fabulous and give great advice, hope we'll be seeing a lot more of you here!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Welcome to the board! I know someone that got married at the Lighthouse Point Park Carousel. Her ceremony was outside but reception was inside. Not sure if they allow you to have your reception outside though. I agree with Akulaji, you can't control the weather and should always plan for rain. I know a few people that got married on their parents' estates that had the ceremonies outside but have the receptions under those big tents.

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congratulations!

I don't have any suggestions, but I defiantly agree with akulaji that you should have a back-up plan for if it rains.

The ladies here are great!  Good luck with your planning!
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Any specific part of CT?
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, there are a lot of good suggestions so far.  Good Luck!!
  • chellahchellah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations! Have fun planning! :0)
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! 

Check out the Wadsworth Mansion in Middletown.  My friend got married there, and although the food stations were inside, the band, bar, and dancing was outside on the patio.  It was lovely! 

Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards