Connecticut

JP/OFFICIANT?

I don't know if this has been asked lately but if you are using one who is your JP?  Its hard to tell from looking them up online who is going to be any good.  I know I have to connect with them but I would love to hear who you ladies liked and or used! Thank you! :)

Re: JP/OFFICIANT?

• edited December 2011
    We used Sara Carson.  She was amazing and really really reasonable.  She was very open to tailoring the ceremony to us and even provided us with little worksheets to help us write our own vows/ceremony.  Such a sweet woman!  Was even willing to hike down to the water at Bulls Bridge in Kent to marry us on the rocks!

www.sarajp.com
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kate212kate212 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are using Cheryl Johnson. We've only met with her once, but she's very nice and was willing to work within our budget. Good luck!
  • reckert7reckert7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried Sara but she takes family time off the weekend of my wedding, memorial day weekend...bummer.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_jpofficiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:3b26fa8c-df6a-4a47-821e-5a99678e5679Post:2eebf282-584f-4475-9cd9-e6355eeab02c">Re: JP/OFFICIANT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried Sara but she takes family time off the weekend of my wedding, memorial day weekend...bummer.
    Posted by reckert7[/QUOTE]
    Ugg... that is a bummer. :-(  Well, there are quite a few others that people recommend on here, so hopefully you'll get some other good recommendations.  Good luck!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • michelleeee7michelleeee7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Marie T Wiley. We met her once and have spoken on the phone many times and we love her. She is fun and willing to work with everything we give to her.

August 2011 Knottie Challenge: Hair Trial
    image Created by Wedding Favors
    207imageInvited to our Aquarium Wedding
    143image Ready to party with the Belugas
    74image Missing out on the Penguins
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_jpofficiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:3b26fa8c-df6a-4a47-821e-5a99678e5679Post:acc95dcb-74e3-4b9e-95d7-fc20de87d1fc">Re: JP/OFFICIANT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Marie T Wiley. We met her once and have spoken on the phone many times and we love her. She is fun and willing to work with everything we give to her. <a href="http://www.actjusticeofthepeace.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.actjusticeofthepeace.com/</a>
    Posted by michelleeee7[/QUOTE]

I agree with this - we met with Marie in our search for a JP and she is totally a blast to work with.

We didn't end up going with her just because she is SO popular her prices are a little high and we found another JP whose style we "meshed" with a little better.

We used Chaz Zezulka out of Mystic, CT (since that's where we got married) - he was totally organized down to the T with every detail of the ceremony, and did a beautiful job with our custom unity ceremony (we did a "knot tying" rather than unity candles or sand, etc.) and worded it wonderfully.
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011

We are using Renee Carle and we love her! I met with her a few months ago and booked her instantly. She has an amazing personality and her fees are very affordable. She's also willing to customize your ceremony however you want it. I highly recommend her! I actually found her contact info by searching on The Knot, but you can just google Renee Carle. GL!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • VQZ600VQZ600 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are located in CT, but we are going to use Diane Marion.  She lives up here in the NE corner and she doesn beautiful ceremonies!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_jpofficiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:3b26fa8c-df6a-4a47-821e-5a99678e5679Post:e92b58e9-d934-46d5-83ed-a7d7f7d9e49f">Re: JP/OFFICIANT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Renee Carle and we love her! I met with her a few months ago and booked her instantly. She has an amazing personality and her fees are very affordable. She's also willing to customize your ceremony however you want it. I highly recommend her! I actually found her contact info by searching on The Knot, but you can just google Renee Carle. GL!
    Posted by kfesta[/QUOTE]

also using renee! She is really fun to talk to and affordable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards