Connecticut

Did you cry at your wedding?

-Watched Father of the Bride for the first time last year...cried during that (Dan thought I was joking at first, till he realized I was balling lol)...and cried the 2 other times I watched it since
-I listen to the songs I'm going to dance to with my dad and stepdad...cry each time I listen to those (or any song about a dad letting his daughter go)
-I listen to the song I'm going to walk downt he aisle to...cry to that
-Was crying over a framed poem my great grandma gave me at my bridal shower
-And lots of other things litlte things

I'm hoping I'm just getting it all out of my system before the big day!  (I'm totally not the crying type too)

Re: Did you cry at your wedding?

• edited December 2011

I kept together for the most part during the ceremony until I had to say i think " to love and to cherish" i dontremember. But I started to tear up and choke up. then I was fine till I saw my sister balling her freakin eyes out.. I haven't seen her cry since she was liek 4. Then I lost it.

I did cry wheI i got my dress on and looked in the mirror all made up and ready and when I walked out and saw my grandmother. I'm a cry baby so I think I did pretty darn good.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    OH MY GOD! This picture should explain it all. It was horrible. I cried the entire ceremony - to the point where I had to blow my nose..... so horrible

• edited December 2011
    at the ceremony: i didnt cry the whole time...got about halfways down the aisle and started crying because i was so happy to see DH there and my dad (who has cancer and we weren't sure if he'd be ok to walk me down the aisle) was there next to me walking. i stopped a few minutes after my mom and dad gave me away

at the reception: i cried a little during our first dance cause it finally felt real. then i was ok.

don't worry about crying - it shows how much you love your DH and how happy you are. :)

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • edited December 2011
    oh duh...I wept like a dying cat on the dance floor. How could I forget that.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_did-cry-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:48670138-273d-4ee1-b45e-42fc5bdb7101Post:4ae0428b-3027-4688-a84c-4eca98ee9b00">Re: Did you cry at your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh duh...I wept like a dying cat on the dance floor. How could I forget that.
    Posted by sloanacz[/QUOTE]

Literally laughing out loud at you girls...........crushme that picture is so cute and sweet, I love it

I graduated nursing school in May and my dad said he got teary eye'd watching me walk across the stage (he's a tough guy) so if he cries...I'll just die

I wish I could keep it together, but I dont think I'll be able to...Dan is most likely going to be cool as a cucumber up there while I'm at mess lol. He better shed a tear or two or something lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_did-cry-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:48670138-273d-4ee1-b45e-42fc5bdb7101Post:4ae0428b-3027-4688-a84c-4eca98ee9b00">Re: Did you cry at your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh duh...I wept like a dying cat on the dance floor. How could I forget that.
    Posted by sloanacz[/QUOTE]

LOL! I almost spit my water out reading this.

I think I'm going to be a crier! I weep watching Say Yes to the Dress- yes I'm that pathetic haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am certain I will be a crying mess next Saturday!  I totally cried when I found my dress and have become teary eyed listening to our first dance song!  I am just hoping the waterproof mascara and airbrushed foundation holds up to my impending bawl-fest...lol 
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • edited December 2011
    I did not cry at all the entire day! 

And I cry at everything.  I cry when watching any sort of romantic comedy or movie.  I cry at everyone elses wedding.  But not my own!  I smiled A LOT during the day, but no tears from me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok so I totally cry at all the things you girls listed (movies, TV shows, etc), but I kept it together for the most part on the big day.

When I started walking down the aisle I could feel myself start to get a little misty but I held it in (but it made my nose run the ENTIRE ceremony...to the point where I had to keep wiping my nose with my JP's hanky). Then during our vows I felt that misty feeling again and had to take a deep breath. Other than those moments, I kept it together moreso than I thought I would!!
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you cry at your wedding? : LOL! I almost spit my water out reading this. I think I'm going to be a crier! I weep watching Say Yes to the Dress- yes I'm that pathetic haha
    Posted by tashala107[/QUOTE]

Omg, I cry at SYTTD too! However, didn't cry with my own dress. Anyway, I'm not normally a crier at all, but I was a total baby at my friend's wedding (she barely shed a tear, of course). I'm afraid I'll be crying so hard that I won't be able to make words. It doesn't help that my maid of honor will probably be crying worse than me. We're going to look like we're having seizures up there...i'm worried.
  • edited December 2011
    First look- no tears
    Ceremony- one choked up moment when my dad gave me away
    First dance- none
    Sisters speech- choking them back (but so was everyone else!)
    Father Daughter dance- so many, but i couldn't ruin makeup AND my dad told me he would start if I did so I attmepted to choke those back as well!

On a side note, i think i might have rathered the tears... the face I make when I am holding them in is rediculous and immortalized in too many of the pictures!
    hahaha

Anniversary

Our Luna
    Play!
    Badges, Bananas, and a Bump
    ...my blogging adventure Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_did-cry-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:48670138-273d-4ee1-b45e-42fc5bdb7101Post:452c3178-3ffe-4f64-8164-66f031477169">Re: Did you cry at your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE] On a side note, i think i might have rathered the tears... the face I make when I am holding them in is rediculous and immortalized in too many of the pictures! hahaha
    Posted by LaSemb[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That face is adorable!

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I just got choked up reading about the moments married knotties started crying or not crying.....is that bad...lol....
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told myself I wasn't going to cry, I was doing so good right up to the time they put me at the door to walk down the aisle and I looked at my father and he had a single tear running down his cheek and I lost it.

I cried during the entire ceremony, the first dance, the father daughter dance, I'm even getting a little misty typing this.

But it's ok because they're all happy tears.

• SweetSimaSweetSima member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cried at everything a week leading up to the wedding! Cried walking down the aisle,  to the point my dad kept saying "peach flowers" a little reminder of the one small flower disaster and bridezilla moment I had 2 days prior.  Cried during our first dance. My dad, always the comedian made me laugh during our father daughter dance.  Laughed a lot though and wouldn't have taken back one tear Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten married yet, but I think I'm going to tear up big time....I am totally a crier (I'm empathetic what can I say - sappy movies, that ASPCA commercial with Sarah McLachlan brings on the tears everytime, sweet songs)

But I agree with whoever said it, I think that if you are tearing up it shows how much the whole day means to you (not that NOT crying says that the day is meaningless - kudos to you ladies who can make it through without crying, I wish I had your will lol)
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_did-cry-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:48670138-273d-4ee1-b45e-42fc5bdb7101Post:c85bc9a5-3582-4a81-97f2-0585e4f647ff">Re: Did you cry at your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did not cry at all the entire day!  And I cry at everything.  I cry when watching any sort of romantic comedy or movie.  I cry at everyone elses wedding.  But not my own!  I smiled A LOT during the day, but no tears from me.
    Posted by foozzle[/QUOTE]

This exactly! I did start to shake a little as I walked down the aisle..but that was it.  and I cried uncontrolably during P.S. I love you haha.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I thought for sure I would be a wreck for the ceremony, but our really good friend did a reading and totally lightened the mood for us and I didn't shed a tear! 

The only time all day that I almost lost it was when I received my wedding gift from DH.  I was reading the super sweet & sentimental (not anything DH usually gets) card and had everyone looking at me - I almost lost it but I didn't want to ruin my makeup and somehow held it together! 
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was sure I'd cry but I think there were no tears the entire day.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First Look: DH started crying as soon as he saw me which made me cry.

Ceremony: I burst into tears right as I got down the aisle to DH. Then I started crying again while I was reading my personalized vows. 

Very thankful for airbrush makeup! :0)
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh but my MOH and SIL cried a lot more than me or DH.. they were hilarious to watch on the wedding video. And you can hear my grandma saying in the background during MOH's speech "Is she crying again?" lol 
  • edited December 2011
    Yes.  My dad died a long time ago and during my mom's toast at the reception she read something that my dad had written before he died.  I lost it ...
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • edited December 2011
    I totally thought I was going to lose it since I cry at Hallmark commercials, even when I am running on the treadmill.  I teared up walking down the aisle, but otherwise held it together.  After the ceremony I had several people tell me that they have never heard a more confident bride :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards