Connecticut

**~KOTW: melabes9846 **~

Yay Melissa, CONGRATS!!

Everyone else, feel free to ask her any other questions.  Also, if you're interested in being Knottie of the week, please post here!

1. You & your FI/DH’s first name?

2. Wedding date?

3. Venue?

4. How did you and FI/DH Meet?

5. When did you know he was THE ONE?

6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH?
7. How long have you been together?

8. Do you live together? Why or why not?

9. How did FI/DH propose?
10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?

11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years?

12. How many BM/GM do/did you have?
13. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?

15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you?

16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder?

17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least?

18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of?

19. Where are you HMing?

20. What is the best thing you learned on TK?

21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why?

22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior?

23. What other boards do you visit on TK?

24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do?

25. Do you want children?

26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)?

27. Do you have any pets? Names?
28..Do you have any siblings?
29. What is your favorite food?
30. What is your favorite movie?
31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol)
32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?
33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?

34. Describe yourself in 3 words.

35. When is your birthday?
36. What else do you want to share??

~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: **~KOTW: melabes9846 **~

• edited December 2011
    Awww yay!!! I wish I didn't have to work today or else I would have filled this out sooner!

1. You & your FI/DH’s first name? Melissa and Ben

2. Wedding date? 5/29/2010

3. Venue? The Waterview

4. How did you and FI/DH Meet? We originally met on myspace but went to the same college. We started meeting in person about a week after we started talking online and it all fell into place from there.

5. When did you know he was THE ONE? About a month into the relationship I couldn't see myself without him for the rest of my life.

6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH? His ambition inspires me, and his humor and encouragement keep me going when I don't think I can go anymore.
    7. How long have you been together? It will be 5 years in April

8. Do you live together? Why or why not? We moved in together the day after we got engaged (I don't know whether he planned it that way or not). We lived in an apartment for 15 months, and just bought a house in March. Money wise it made sense, and us moving in together made me so much closer to school.

9. How did FI/DH propose? He brought me to NYC to see the Radio City Rockettes show and stay overnight. I kinda knew something was up because that was a really expensive trip. After the show we walked around the corner to the huge Christmas tree; he pushed through the crowds right up to the baracades and popped the question. Only after a group of old ladies ruined his first attempt at a proposal by tapping me on the shoulder and having me take a picture of them!!! lol
    10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why? 2.5 years or 30 months. We wanted to wait until I finished my doctoral program.

11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years? Still at happy as we are now, one baby in 5 years, a total of 2 or 3 in 10 years. Maybe a bigger house in 10 years.

12. How many BM/GM do/did you have? 1 MOH, 4 BMs, 1 Best Man, 4 GMs
    13. Favorite wedding vendor so far? Jerome and Jen from Studio1923!! They are fabulous, and we have seen them three times this year for various shoots.
    14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far? No one cares about your wedding as much as you do and things will go wrong way before the big day. Do what is going to make you happy, not what will make everyone happy. And a budget is just a guideline lol (I wish we had stuck to ours a little better)

15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you? Trying not to spend too much money; trying to plan through my parents ongoing divorce and division of my families.

16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder? Photography was our biggest splurge so far. Best deal...hmm..finding cards and pockets to make my pocketfold invites for a fraction of the price.

17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least? I'm looking forward to finally being married to FI after all of this waiting!!! And spending the day dancing and partying with our friends and family. I'm least looking forward to having to deal with all the family drama that is occurring. I'm hoping by that point they are over it, but I doubt it.

18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of? I won't see my FI until I am walking down the aisle. I'm trying to get the whole "something old, something blue" thing together.

19. Where are you HMing? St. Lucia for 8 days, then Orlando FL for 4 more, I believe. We haven't booked anything yet because we aren't going until next November/December.

20. What is the best thing you learned on TK? All the ideas for my DIY projects. And that there are still nice people in the world that will help you when you need it!! I have met so many wonderful ladies in the 2 years I have been on the boards.

21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why? I would love to come to everyones wedding!!! Everyone has unique ideas and it would be a blast to see you all tie the knot!!

22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior? I had never seen pocketfold invites, menus, candy buffets, photo upload cards, and many other DIY projects before. I also had never heard of any of my vendors, and doubt I would have found them if it wasn't for the lovely ladies on this board.

23. What other boards do you visit on TK? DIY and May 2010.

24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do? I am almost a physical therapist...hopefully by the end of 2010 I will have my license. FI is a software developer.

25. Do you want children? Definitely!! I have baby fever already!!

26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)? I would love love love to be a SAHM. But FI won't let me- I didn't get my doctorate degree to stay home forever lol

27. Do you have any pets? Names? We have 2 cats- Bonkers and Amy
    28..Do you have any siblings? Nope, I'm an only child.
    29. What is your favorite food? I love tacos or a good white pizza.
    30. What is your favorite movie? Oh way too many!! I guess one of my all time favorites is the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol) Malibu Bay Breeze; root beer
    32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year? Boston or California, somewhere near San Francisco or LA.
    33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on? A night wedding.

34. Describe yourself in 3 words. Friendly, relaxed, ambitious

35. When is your birthday? August 4th
    36. What else do you want to share?? I love crafty things and have been putting off my DIY projects because I will be sad when they are all done!!!! I am so looking forward to my bridal shower and bachelorette, just hope everyone I care about can be there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Awww Melis, what great answers!! I am an only child too!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://connecticut.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_kotw-melabes9846?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:5067ca03-f075-46ca-93a0-7f84c0dcfdc1Post:4b1868fb-fcf4-41fb-8d60-658b486e479e">Re: **~KOTW: melabes9846 **~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww Melis, what great answers!! I am an only child too!!!
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the exact same thing :)
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww i'm sure your day will turn out amazing, family drama or not!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lol'd at how he had to propose twice since some little old ladies messed up the first attempt by tapping you on the shoulder to take your picture. That's too cute!
  • edited December 2011
    aww congrats. loved reading your answers. Sorry to go through a family divorce during this time its tough. Im sure everything will turn out great. gl. ps we have the same bdays!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    LOVED Your answers Melissa!! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards