Connecticut
Options

So torn on Florists... Jane or Melissa....

I have met with both Jane and Melissa and I really liked both of them. They both have very different styles but equally beautiful work.

How have some of you made the decisisons to choose one vendor over another especially when price doesn't matter because they both were about the same.

So confused.... Cry

Re: So torn on Florists... Jane or Melissa....

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love Jane!

I didn't look anywhere else but I would go with who you had better communication with!! That is key!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm assuming Jane is "Just For You" but who is Melissa?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Jane, but I agree, go with what works best for you.  Whoever you think "gets" your vision best...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

My favorite of their style is Jane.  I sent both links to my Mom and she picked Jane without question.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_torn-florists-jane-melissa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:579b822d-516c-4de8-bfce-7966d1f8f3cfPost:9faa365a-5791-45c0-8a58-322d29674948">Re: So torn on Florists... Jane or Melissa....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Jane, but I agree, go with what works best for you.  Whoever you think "gets" your vision best...
    Posted by BeabullMom[/QUOTE]
    I agree, you need to go with the person you feel is the style you want.  I also met with Jane and although she was extremely nice- she just wasn't what I was looking for.  I wanted a florist who was more of an artist and could think outside of the box.  I'm most likely going with Datura: A Modern Garden.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I chose Jane without meeting with anyone else - I have total confidence in her in seeing her work in so many other people's photos.

But I agree, if the price is the same, go with who gets your vision best and who has the best communication with you.  Either way, it sounds like your'e in good hands, so there is no WRONG decision :)
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I chose Melissa. She got my vision right away. I told her I was using Khloe Kardashians' wedding colors and flowers as my inspiration and she showed us to the consultation with pictures of the wedding and suggestions for the flowers. I thought it was awesome that she knew who Khloe was and took the time to research it. I Go with whoever you think will deliver what you are looking for best.

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also chose Jane without meeting with anyone else. She's been so great to work with.  But I've also heard good things about Melissa.  This doesn't help your decision haha. The florist was the only vendor that I just met with one person. I met with 2 videographers, 2 DJs, and countless photographers til finding "the one."
    Between Jane and Melissa, does one have the edge in terms of budget, delivery costs, understanding your vision, communication?  Is one highly recommended by another vendor that you love?  Closer to your reception site?

Edit: I just re-read that they were both about the same price. but you said they have different styles so one style must match more with your taste?  Maybe you like them both equally as people but one is too artsy or too simple or too something for you? 
    Just trying to help :) 

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    mlprck27mlprck27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I finalized my wedding flowers with Jane today and I am so excited.  I have complete confidence in her.  We had a mid wedding color switch from an easy purple to the impossible malibu (aqua) so the original flowers and color schemes we discussed went out the window  There are no aqua flowers.  So today we started back at square one and I left even more excited than I was after our first meeting not to mention owing $150 less than my original estimate.  Woo Hoo!  You have to go with your gut!  I knew Jane was going to do our flowers about 5 minutes into our first meeting.  Oh and I should say I also met with Melissa who was a sweetheart and had some great ideas but Jane just felt right.  Go with ur gut feeling! 
  • Options
    pprendipprendi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with both and they are both extremely nice and talented. I really felt Melissa had some great ideas and suggestions and we are agreed on so much. I went with Melissa. They are both very reasonable as well.!
  • Options
    blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Jane. She is so nice and immediately knew what I wanted. LOVE HER!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I planned on meeting Jane, but after meeting Melissa I knew I had my florist. Her and I clicked so well together. She knew EXACTLY what my vision was even with my total lack of knowledge about flowers. My flowers were one of my most favorite things at my wedding.

She was also much more reasonably priced than all the other florists I met with, and she impressed my husband when she brought examples of floral designs to our consult in Starbucks! We met other florists in their actual studios who didn't even bother showing us anything. 

I've heard great things about Jane too, I just never met with her. I'm just biased because Melissa was so great for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards