Connecticut
Options

Reception entrance music?

Any suggestions on a couple songs for our parents and bridal party to walk in to?

Re: Reception entrance music?

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 3 VERY DIFFERENT songs for the entrance but I loved it haha
    Parents: Good Time by Alan Jackson
    Bridal Party: Bring Em Out, T.I.
    Us: Shipping up to Boston, Dropkick Murphys
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have a bunch in my planning bio under music suggestions!! HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_reception-entrance-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:5baf1c7f-b487-43c5-869c-1f747f46ba04Post:e40240a9-dfc4-4cab-9f98-b9a1314a272e">Re: Reception entrance music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Us: Shipping up to Boston, Dropkick Murphys
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

Our absolute FAVORITE band!  BUT, FI is a Yankees fan, so he won't walk out to anything with Boston in it.  ARGH - and yes, I'm Red Sox.  ;)

We LOVE everything New Orleans, so we're all walking out to brass band music.  We'll have a differnt song than the WP/parents.
  • Options
    Laurensara18Laurensara18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    'Marry You' by Bruno Mars- I had never heard of it before but my band recommended it and now i love that song!
  • Options
    NickiveganNickivegan member
    edited December 2011
    My parents are thinking about coming out to their wedding song (A Kenny G song, my mom LOVES him)
    FI parents have yet to pick a song.
    WP will probably do I Gotta Feeling (Black Eyed Peas) but not 100% sure, as my FI really doesnt like the BEPs that much, however that song is great for the mood we want. We have yet to finalize that decision.
    We will come out to Micheal Franti Say Hey and then go straight into our first dance from that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what songs our parents and the bridal party will come out to. I was thinking of letting the bridal party pick their own songs, but we'll see. I also really like 'I've Got a Feeling' by the BEP
    As of now, I think we'll  be coming out to 'Breathless' by The Corrs
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm still not sure about parents and BP but I think were coming out to Dog Days are Over my Florence and the Machine haha
  • Options
    Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of having my parents walk out to the Price Is Right - my dad is obsessed - like if he isn't home, he records it.

I don't know what we are doing for his parents or the bridal party.

For us I REALLY want to walk into the Brass Bonanza, better known as the Hartford Whalers theme!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_reception-entrance-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:5baf1c7f-b487-43c5-869c-1f747f46ba04Post:3a668f0c-2543-4bfa-bf68-eba018bab5a4">Re: Reception entrance music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking of having my parents walk out to the Price Is Right - my dad is obsessed - like if he isn't home, he records it. I don't know what we are doing for his parents or the bridal party. For us I REALLY want to walk into the Brass Bonanza, better known as the Hartford Whalers theme!
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]

Both of those are SO cute! I forgot about the brass bonanza, brings back Whalers memories!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't gotten to nailing that stuff down yet (we've got a year still), but we've talked about "You are the Sunshine of My Life" by Stevie Wonder.  But we're oldies fans!  That's why we're having our first dance to "Everything" by Michael Buble - such a Sinatra-esque song!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If anyone really wants brass bonanza- I have two versions I can burn and mail if you don't already have it.  I have a 30 second version (most popular) and then I have another one that's 2:30 minutes long.  I work for Howard Baldwin and the CT Whale so I have the most random Whalers Stuff in my office...we should do a GTG at a Whale game this season it'd be fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am an old married hag so we had our bridal party come into "Welcome to the Good Life" all sorts of time before Kanye went bat shiit crazy. It was still very fun though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards