Connecticut
Options

questions: hair & makeup costs & extensions...

#1 Hair & Makeup cost:
I let my MOH find hair & makeup for us & she found a h.s. friend who works at a makeup shop in the mall and apparently also does hair. The girl is charging $120 for hair and makeup trial & day-of wedding, and she will travel to where I am on the wedding day. Plus the cost of makeup as I have to buy it from the makeup store. Is this a good price?

#2 Extensions:
(We moved our wedding way up to 12/11/10 and I had short hair over the summer) my hair is juuust getting to be almost shoulder length. I am thinking about extensions cuz I really don't know what can be done with it at this length. Taking Biotin to speed the process which is working but not quick enough.
-Are any of you doing white-girl extensions (lol)?
-My hair is naturally really really stick straight and strawberry blonde and I'm worried extensions won't look right...are you in the same boat?
-How long do they take to put in, how soon are you doing it, and how much are you paying?

Re: questions: hair & makeup costs & extensions...

• Options
    chellahchellah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did hair extensions for my wedding. I ended up doing the bonded ones which lasted for about 5 months for me. Those are the more expensive option. I thought about doing the clip in extensions but in the end decided to do a half up half down style and the bonded ones looked better. I paid $800 for the bonded. My hair stylist also does the travel hair and make up. Her name is Ashley. These are her websites

beautyentourage.com & salonalexander.com

They weren't able to give me pricing or go over different options until I did a consultation for the bonded ones but the other kinds they do they quote through email.

HTH :)   Good luck!
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'd go with clip-in extensions if i were you.  a friend of mine is a hairdresser and she talked me out of getting permanent extensions for a number of reasons.

i think $120 for hair & makeup is a steal, even if you have to buy your own makeup.  i paid $110 for a half-up hairstyle alone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that's definitely a good price....I paid 85 for my make-up, and 90 for a wedding up-do for my hair
  • Options
    blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats a great price for hair and makeup especially because she is traveling to you.

I am thinking about doing extensions for my wedding. My sister has the permanent ones and they are nice. She has had the temporary ones and they also look good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great price for hair and makeup.. I paid $65 for each (hair and then makeup) trial and then paid $85 for my makeup and $90 for my hair the day of plus travel fees. It was definitely worth it, but not a steal by any means. I also thought of extensions since my hair is so thin and not very long, but my hairdresser worked miracles and was able to create the updo I wanted without using any extensions. I kept telling my mom and BM's look at that, that's all me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards