Connecticut
Options

candy buffet?'s

Did anyone do one or doing one?  Where did you get your candy from?  

I want to just have about five glass containers to go with the cupcakes I am having.  Is this a a good idea??  I just like the look of it!

Does anyone have any glass containers they want to sell?

Lots of questions...I know...thanks for your help!

Re: candy buffet?'s

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help on any of this, no glass containers and I'm not having a candy bar but I know I would totally LOVE to have one and I would LOVE a wedding that had one. I think it's a wonderful idea. 
    My boss's niece just had a wedding and had the candy bar set up as guests left, kind of acted as an additional "favor" but they just bought the candy in bulk at BJs or Costco. 
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't end up doing this but I do think it's a great idea. It can definitely get expensive though- especially because, if you're going to do one, you should have enough candy so that it looks good. 
    I ordered rock candy for some of my favors and used metrocandy.com so definitely check them out when you're comparing prices.  I think you can sign up for their newsletter to get a discount?
    Good luck! 

EDIT: I liked this link when I was researching candy buffets:
    http://weddingstoriesri.blogspot.com/2010/06/wedding-wednesdays-candy-buffet.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if 5 is enough but I did this and it was a huge hit!  I ordered all of my candy on-line as I could get color specific candy more easily. I used candywarehouse.com, acandystore.com and some of the best deals were from bulkfoods.com.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto mwitter80.. I don't think 5 containers would be enough. Our candy buffet was also a huge hit and the whole thing was depleted at the end of the night and there was a long line for a while for guests wanting to get their candy. We did ours as our favors and everyone loved it and had never seen one before.

I purchased the giant martini, champagne, and margarita glasses from Michaels (using 40% off coupons) and Christmas Tree Shops. My mom ordered the tongs, scoops, and some of the color coordinated candy from scoops-scoops and she also ordered personalized/colored M&M's from their website. I think she also got some of the candy from Cotsco.

http://www.scoops-scoops.com/

Also, make sure you have a sugar free option for guests who can't have too much sugar ;0)
  • Options
    kate1030kate1030 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have glasses I am interested in selling...you can email me at katelynmatney@yahoo.com
  • Options
    reckert7reckert7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The candy buffet isnt my wedding favor just to go with dessert which is cupcakes.  Do you still think 5 isnt enough?  I didnt want to spend alot of money on it I more like the look of it hhaa!

How much are you selling them for?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards