Rant/Rave??
~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: **T*G*I*F**

• edited December 2011
    Woo excited this weeks over and next week is a short week!

Tonight- No plans as of yet probably just going through my clothes more so I can go put them in the donate bins.

Saturday- Looking for some outfits for my B-Pics possibly and at night a "Booty Parlor" party ...oh jeez

Sunday- Driving to Mystic to meet with the pastry chef to finalize my cake!!

Should be fun. Hope everyone elses weekends great too!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Tonight: Going to see my friend's band play at Ziggy's in Fairfield if anyone is interested! 

Tomorrow: Appt first thing in the morning with an artisan about my BM's jewelry.  I really should stop by and give my florist the deposit too haha.  Then we are going to the Hartford Wolfpack/Bridgeport Sound Tiger game at the Civic Center. 

Sunday: NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

Rant: I might be short a BM come next week...anybody want to step up for me???

• edited December 2011
    This weekend's goal: Decide on Photog and reception location - I'm so excited to get these things firmed up!!
    Mom's 60th birthday dinner
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tonight: Happy hour with a coworker, home early to play Rock Band with the FI and "our two Teds" (HIMYM reference)

Tomorrow: Going to see the Otto Dix show at the Neue gallerie and fishing around at some of the restaurant suggestions for the RD.

Sunday: woooorking!! (boo!) It's the last Sunday before Passover so the store is going to be really busy. Boss asked me to step in.

but then, I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off! (to work on graduate school applications)

Rant: FI's friend's wife, CONTINUES (this was my rant last week) to make really uncomfortable remarks about becoming one of my BMs. Oof. This week she said on the phone to FI, "Just remind her, I will make her look super skinny if she stands next to me in pictures, just saying..."
  • edited December 2011
    I am really happy to say that I have nothing going on this weekend!!!! yay!!!!  Tonight FI and I are just ordering take out, renting a movie and snuggling on the couch.  Can't beat that!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:17c522f7-3ac6-45ff-b05f-cf5f8e7e778c">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am really happy to say that I have nothing going on this weekend!!!! yay!!!!  Tonight FI and I are just ordering take out, renting a movie and snuggling on the couch.  Can't beat that!
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

Definitely the best way to spend the weekend! Have fun Carrie!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Kate!  Are you doing anything fun this weekend?  I see on your ticker that you have only 3 months to go now!!! So crazy! I can't believe how quickly our weddings are getting here.  Did you send your invites out?  I want details! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:85b4032c-3f98-4db3-bf6d-1408cdf6c8c7">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rant: FI's friend's wife, CONTINUES (this was my rant last week) to make really uncomfortable remarks about becoming one of my BMs. Oof. This week she said on the phone to FI, "Just remind her, I will make her look super skinny if she stands next to me in pictures, just saying..."
    Posted by xoxob[/QUOTE]

Um I totally missed this last week, and that's GROSS. 

Actually, I might be a BM short pretty soon if I don't kill my best friend within the next few weeks...send me her info LOL I'd love to look skinny!!!
  • edited December 2011
    rant: have a head cold and its the weekend..not cool!! i wouldnt care being sick during the week but not the weekend boo!
    rave: fun weekend planned

tonight: taking train to nyc to go to my bff's we are going to sushi and just hanging out
    saturday: morning run in central park with bff then mani's and 4 of us are all goin gto lunch and to shop!  would like to catch the end of FI's rugby game on randalls island but it's going to be 40 something and it's FREEZING there!! so I might just take too long shopping with the girls ;)
    sunday: Delta gamma luncheon at Uconn. My younger sister is a senior there so it's her last DG luncheon too! can't wait to spend the day with her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:32003515-009d-4080-abde-69cc8520d3aa">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **T*G*I*F** : Um I totally missed this last week, and that's GROSS.  Actually, I might be a BM short pretty soon if I don't kill my best friend within the next few weeks...send me her info LOL I'd love to look skinny!!!
    Posted by ZoeTheDog[/QUOTE]

So gross. Her DH is going to be an usher (he and FI have known each other since Freshman year of HS...FI has known 85% of his friends since then, so his GM sitch is kinda tricky) and she keeps talking about how she "...needs to be promoted in that wedding!!!" So awkward.

LOL. I'm sure she'd love too! Seeing as she's only met me like five times, I'm sure she'll have no qualms with being a BM for you, too! On that note, I'm sorry you're having issues with one of your BMs. I know that all of the boards say you can't get mad at them because they aren't obligated to do anything, but I am a firm believer in the Brides(MAID)zilla.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    WOOOOT!!

Pretty low key weekend not much planned thank god!

Tonight: Relaxing w/FI probably make dinner & watch a movie! <3

Tomorrow: Gym, run some errands & if FI passes his CDL test go out for drinks! He has been studying like crazy & working really hard!! ::FINGERS CROSSED!!::

Sunday: Family over for Palm Sunday! My Mom is cooking!! :)

Have a great weekend girls!! Cool
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Tonight: Just hanging out at home and maybe trying to decide which invites I'm going to order. I know I'm super behind on it but I can't order my invites before I settle all the details with the priests at the church.

Sat: Looking at Condos/Townhouses around New Haven since we might be moving in a couple months if FI gets the job in New Haven. Then pizza and movie, hopefully we'll go to Peppe's!

Sun: Finally meeting with Mandy at the Waterview to go over our menu and all the other details which I haven't really thought about.

Rant: I'm way behind on my planning! Still have to decide on BM dresses/Hair/Makeup but can't do it until all the BMs let me know what they want. That's also holding me back on meeting with my florist to go over the details.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:88912223-3d62-4510-91ed-69b9987000de">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Kate!  Are you doing anything fun this weekend?  I see on your ticker that you have only 3 months to go now!!! So crazy! I can't believe how quickly our weddings are getting here.  Did you send your invites out?  I want details! :-)

You're welcome! It's craziness how quickly this past year flew by! I responded in your other post that our invites will be going out in about 3-4 weeks. Yipes!!
    edited December 2011
    Whoo hoo! TGIF!

Tonight: no solid plans yet.. probably just happy hour with some friends. If not, a bottle of wine and movie night with FI sounds perfect.

Tomorrow: hopefully getting my butt to the gym especially because I missed my spin class yesterday. Then probably taking the train and going to SoNo with some friends.

Sunday: Pre-marriage class at church then a relaxing day.

Have a great weekend ladies! :0)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:06106229-eb7a-4e0f-95c3-3d6b04c48d94">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **T*G*I*F** : So gross. Her DH is going to be an usher (he and FI have known each other since Freshman year of HS...FI has known 85% of his friends since then, so his GM sitch is kinda tricky) and she keeps talking about how she "...needs to be promoted in that wedding!!!" So awkward. LOL. I'm sure she'd love too! Seeing as she's only met me like five times, I'm sure she'll have no qualms with being a BM for you, too! <strong>On that note, I'm sorry you're having issues with one of your BMs. I know that all of the boards say you can't get mad at them because they aren't obligated to do anything, but I am a firm believer in the Brides(MAID)zilla.
    </strong>Posted by xoxob[/QUOTE]

It's not even wedding-related...she's just a nut job.  Her actions are affecting other people and she needs to stop.  Or she's going to have no friends left, including me.  It's gotten bad...I seriously want to cry in the middle of work right now. 
  • edited December 2011
    Tonight nothing planned, just cooking dinner & hanging out with FI until he has to leave for work.

Tomorrow I have to work in the morning, then i have to go get paint for my table numbers & cake topper.  I also STILL need to finish all the inserts for my invites so I can send them to be printed.

Sunday my FMIL is coming over to help me in my garden.

Rant - My boss tells me Wednesday that I am done driving to New Haven (from Northern CT), then Thursday she changes her mind!  UGH!  One more week of waking up at 4am!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:f4303f10-0c74-4855-b3d2-6b6096793bbc">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **T*G*I*F** : It's not even wedding-related...she's just a nut job.  Her actions are affecting other people and she needs to stop.  Or she's going to have no friends left, including me.  It's gotten bad...I seriously want to cry in the middle of work right now. 

Awww... I'm so sorry you're going through that with your BM.  Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, weddings really show you who your friends are.  I'm really sorry it's upsetting you and stressing you out.  Hopefully things will calm down and you can focus on the happy things.
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:f4303f10-0c74-4855-b3d2-6b6096793bbc">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **T*G*I*F** : It's not even wedding-related...she's just a nut job.  Her actions are affecting other people and she needs to stop.  Or she's going to have no friends left, including me.  It's gotten bad...I seriously want to cry in the middle of work right now. 

dang. I'm so sorry. :( that's the last thing you need to be worrying about right now.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:eb9d3755-2842-403c-a3e8-ad2682b9dde6">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **T*G*I*F** : Awww... I'm so sorry you're going through that with your BM.  Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, weddings really show you who your friends are.  I'm really sorry it's upsetting you and stressing you out.  Hopefully things will calm down and you can focus on the happy things.

It's so bad...we have until September to hammer this out before the wedding, but I can absolutely see asking her to bow out if she can't get her act together...which will leave me with a MOH and two JR BM's...all family.  But I guess blood is thicker than water, no? 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:1854e53f-0ef4-45b1-a6eb-54624e0e4972">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **T*G*I*F** : It's so bad...we have until September to hammer this out before the wedding, but I can absolutely see asking her to bow out if she can't get her act together...which will leave me with a MOH and two JR BM's...all family.  But I guess blood is thicker than water, no? 

Ughh that stinks.. I had a BM bow out last summer.. but it was so far in advance and not set in stone so it wasn't that bad. It was just loyalty drama but we've patched things up although I still don't consider her one of my best friends anymore because actions speak louder than words. Then I had 2 MOH's and one of them stepped down back in January when the dresses were being ordered. She's going through a rough patch in her life, and being an MOH was just too much for her. So I asked her if she wanted to do a reading at the ceremony instead. That way she didn't have to help plan anything and could wear whatever dress she wanted and she agreed that would be a great idea.

GL in this situation, it stinks but it really helps you see who your real friends are. Are you still going to invite this maybe no-longer BM to the wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:e525a98b-b88f-448c-9044-ad2b595193aa">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **T*G*I*F** : Ughh that stinks.. I had a BM bow out last summer.. but it was so far in advance and not set in stone so it wasn't that bad. It was just loyalty drama but we've patched things up although I still don't consider her one of my best friends anymore because actions speak louder than words. Then I had 2 MOH's and one of them stepped down back in January when the dresses were being ordered. She's going through a rough patch in her life, and being an MOH was just too much for her. So I asked her if she wanted to do a reading at the ceremony instead. That way she didn't have to help plan anything and could wear whatever dress she wanted and she agreed that would be a great idea. GL in this situation, it stinks but it really helps you see who your real friends are. Are you still going to invite this maybe no-longer BM to the wedding?
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

At least your MOH who bowed out did so gracefully, and admitted she was having hard times.  I WISH this BM realized what she's doing to all of us. 

If she decides to bow out or if I decide having her in the wedding is not a good idea anymore because of her actions, however that works, she would still be invited.  Her entire family is invited...Mom, Dad, her brother & his wife, and her sister. 
  • lynde129lynde129 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So excited for this weekend!
    Today- going out with my dept after school to celebrate a co-workers birthday, then meeting the FI

Tomorrow- MOH is coming over and we are going to finish assembling the favors and print and assemble the invitations and hopefully start on addressing them

Sunday- going to church with FI, and then work ugh :(
  • edited December 2011
    WEEE FRIDAY!

Tonight- "Pizza Party" with the family. Two of my cousins from Ohio were supposed to be here today, but their flight was cancelled :(

Tomorrow: Pick up cousins at the airport (Please pray their flights come in!!!) and then enjoy about a week with them!!

Sunday: Nothing- just hanging out with family. Maybe looking at more photogs.

Rant: I really think the world is filled with idiots sometimes and I can't stand it. It's also starting to tick me off that there are a lot of crappy photographers out there. Just because you own a camera doesn't mean you need to take wedding pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Tonight: Maybe happy hour, maybe going out for dinner

Tomorrow: Meeting with Modern Formals to discuss/pick out the boys tux-es! Maybe stopping at Michael's for some ideas. Party at night!

Sunday: Bridal Show are the hotel we booked our room block at (Four Points in Meriden), and then early Easter dinner at FI's parent's house.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tgif-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:674ef26e-8e80-4e62-90d7-3b4bdbab01b8Post:888fc4dc-9782-4ab4-a1d7-aeb09525941a">Re: **T*G*I*F**</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Rant: I really think the world is filled with idiots sometimes and I can't stand it. It's also starting to tick me off that there are a lot of crappy photographers out there. Just because you own a camera doesn't mean you need to take wedding pictures.</strong>
    Posted by smore154[/QUOTE]

That made me giggle haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards