Connecticut
Options

wedding bands

where are you getting your wedding bands?  we went ring shopping in the city and fell in love with a pair that were about 10 times what we could afford.  we're looking for clean and modern.

Re: wedding bands

• Options
    QueenB!thchQueenB!thch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine and my DH on ebay!  We spent a total of $400.00  His is a basic titanium band and mine has rounds and baguettes all the way around.   I did not want to go crazy, and we love our rings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my jeweler in the city make them.  Often if you go directly to a bench jeweler, the cost is waaaay less and you get more for you money than buying retail.  I had my jeweler do a copy of a Tiffany's ring that I love and it cost me less than half (with more platinum and diamonds than the Tiffany's version).
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wedding-bands-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:68948a13-98db-47b9-af65-5536ac68ee00Post:a83eb795-806d-400b-b8f2-6d478120217b">Re: wedding bands</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my jeweler in the city make them.  Often if you go directly to a bench jeweler, the cost is waaaay less and you get more for you money than buying retail.  I had my jeweler do a copy of a Tiffany's ring that I love and it cost me less than half (with more platinum and diamonds than the Tiffany's version).
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

My engagement ring is a Tiffany's rip-off!! 
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My e-ring is from Blue Nile, and our wedding bands are both from iweddingband.com

We saved a TON by purchasing from those websites opposed to going to a local jeweler or a chain. HTH!

http://www.bluenile.com/wedding-rings?gclid=CLrVg-OG7qECFRbyDAodYB9VKg

http://www.iweddingband.com/
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a specific metal?

You may do well going to NYC where you can negotiate as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wedding-bands-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:68948a13-98db-47b9-af65-5536ac68ee00Post:024d3875-70a6-40ad-8b23-740a71196a7d">Re: wedding bands</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: wedding bands : My engagement ring is a Tiffany's rip-off!! 
    Posted by ZoeTheDog[/QUOTE]
    he he he... yay for Tiffany's rip-offs! ;-)
  • Options
    jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my rings and FI's ring from Majestic Jewelers in Mystic!  LOVE them :)
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Same place FI got my e-ring, our jeweler. She is amazing and has such an eye! She also gets all her gems and whatnot from the City at wholesale prices!

Mikol & Co. out of Westport!

Love her!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought our rings at the Diamond Exchange in NYC.  We saved a TON of money and got exactly what we wanted.  Just keep in mind that a lot of the stalls there are run by Orthodox Jews so they close at 3:00 on Friday, are closed all day Saturday and might not be open on Sunday.  They are also closed for most of the month of July.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Zales!!  The location in the Stamford mall is amazing.  Ask for Joe (he's just awesome).  We got all our rings there and they take care of their customers.  (Free resizing as many times as you want within 2 sizes up or down of the original, free engraving, etc).  Usually you can negotiate prices a bit.  I wanted my band engraved but some gold would need to be added to get it thick enough, usually they charge for it, Joe got it done for free.
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!!!  We're going to go with the designer we love but get their plainest bands (still amazing and expensive) and then upgrade for a later time in our lives together (something to look forward to).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you found your rings!  That's exciting!  Who is the designer?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards