Connecticut
Options

Wedding Dress Shopping

For all the new brides in Connecticut that are looking to purchase a wedding dress DO NOT purchase anything from Dynamite Designs in Wallingford. The customer service they provide is below par. They are defensive and do not work with the bride to make sure she is happy.

I purchased a dress and when it arrived it was damaged. I've been working with them for the past month to resolve this issue and felt the whole time I was inconveniencing them. Now too much time has gone by where the only thing left to do is repair the dress. Not something a bride wants to hear.  I'm taking the dress to my seamstress to repair the dress and hopefully it will seem as if it was perfect to begin with.  

I want to make sure this doesn't happen to another bride so, please spread the word to all you know not to buy a wedding dress from Dynamite Designs.  

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best place to put this review is on WeddingWire.com.  Unsolicited negative posts like this, especially when it's the only post you've made on this board, are typically regarded with skepticism since you may well be a competitor.  It does sound like you've had a pretty cruddy time of it, though, and I wish you the best of luck wih your repairs!  Try contacting Better Business Bureau if the shop hasn't made right (as in refunded part or all of your money).  You can also look into small claims court if you want to prove they've breached their contract - since they delivered the dress damaged, it isn't what you paid for and should be their responsibility to make it right.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm definetely not a competitor and would recommend many other bridal places that i've been too including Mariella Creations in Rocky Hill, Stars in Avon, Stylish Impressions in Farmington were all great. Unforturtnetly, didn't have the dress I was looking for or was out of my price range. I just want to make sure that no one has an experience that I did, which is why I posted on this site. Many brides come here on the Knot to look for advice. It's not a negative post, it's the truth about this retailer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards