Connecticut
Options

Weird wedding dream/nightmare lol

So I just got off a 13 hour flight and on the first night of being in Asia I just had to dream about the wedding LOL

My wedding is April 16 2011 and we were engaged April 10 2010.  In my dream my wedding was changed to April 10 2010 (mind you it's already July so for some reason I am actually months behind LOL).

What happened was I think it was a Friday, so I assume it was April 9 2010.  And all of a sudden I was like "OMG my wedding is tomorrow!"  And I don't think I was actually planning the wedding before or something.  So I panicked feeling that I am not prepared to get married etc so on the next day I put on my dress and went to the venue all freaked out and stuff lol  My family was there but no other guests.  My photographer was there ready to take pictures and stuff.  He actually claimed that he put us down for April 10 2010 not April 16 2011 (he showed me his appointment book, yes he brought it with him lol).

However it was a mess, there wasn't really a formal ceremony and I was frantically running around getting ready and the photog didn't catch any of it!  I was like rushing through things and did some quick ceremony stuff (which the photog did take some pictures of) lol  And then I keep thinking at the back of my head "But my wedding is scheduled to be in 2011 why is it changed to this date all of a sudden?"  So I was determined to change it back.

It was about 2-3 hours into the wedding (again there weren't any guests and stuff lol) and I began to worry and really really wanted my old date back so I asked my photog if we can switch back.  He was like "Sorry we are booked that day but I assure you I had you down today etc."  Since we were 2-3 hours into the wedding and I had originally booked my photog for 8 hours I was hoping he can give us 5 hours on our original date.

I was so stressed out I broke down and cried LOL  Totally weird dream~

Thought I'd share :D

Re: Weird wedding dream/nightmare lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! These types of dreams often happen.... just relax... nothing like this will happen....you got plenty of time... and trust me, the photog will take all the pictures you want!

Good luck!

~Joann
  • Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Joann!

I know, I don't even know why I had that dream lol  I wasn't even stressing out over the planning process.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    until my wedding dress came in (which was a 8 1/2 month wait) i had nightmares just like this on a regular basis. I was always late for the wedding and nothing was going right, my make up would be wrong, i'd put on the dress and it'd be the wrong one...it was crazy!  i just pushed to plan as much as i could and those dreams went away. though i did just have one the other day...probably since i'm only 10 weeks out now! AH! :) good luck! it'll be awesome, no worries!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a very similar dream recently where I was just hanging around waiting for my wedding to start and then all of a sudden I realized I wasn't even ready...I had no idea where my dress was, I was running around asking other brides if I could borrow their veil, I was asking random guests (who were people from my high school who aren't even coming) if they would do my hair for me, then I realized that the flowers were all wrong!

Needless to say, we are happy to wake up from those dreams lol...I guess wedding stuff seeps into your subconscious when you're consciously thinking of it all the time lol
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know!  I actually didn't believe it at first when people posted about having wedding nightmares and now look who's talking! lol  It's just so weird!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards