Connecticut
Options

Hurricane Irene - Making a wedding to remember!

FI and I are going to a wedding in Plymouth, Mass this weekend.  Its at a country club right on the water - ceremony at the white gazebo with the ocean in the background, followed by a tented reception.  This was all supposed to take place SUNDAY NIGHT.

The latest on Irene for Boston to Cape Cod (Plymouth is right in the middle): 

The eye wall of Irene may pass close by Sunday into Sunday night. Periods of heavy rain, hurricane-force winds and well above-normal tides are possible. Expect widespread power outages and flooding.

Should be VERY interesting!

The country club has indoor space for up to 225 (the other room is only to 100 and I think the weddign is bigger), but it says its only available from November to April. 

Something MUST be in the works at this point!

Re: Hurricane Irene - Making a wedding to remember!

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That poor bride... hopefully the storm will continue to twist its way away from the coast and disappear into the Atlantic!  Just think - yesterday morning they were saying it was going to hit Miami head on, and now we're barely going to get the tropical winds.  With any luck it'll miss you guys, too!

I'm sure the venue has a backup.  If not, I hope that poor girl has wedding insurance!  I imagine the country club only offers the indoor space during the winter because it's used by members during the summer, which wouldn't be the case on a stormy Sunday night so hopefully they can accomodate her regardless!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh NO! I'll send some good thoughts her way! Hopefully you can all send some my way (getting married on Sat - just want the rain to hold off until after 5:30!)

Here's a story:

My aunt got re-married in her Virginia back yard a few years ago. A Hurricane had come through the DAY BEFORE her wedding. No power, no toilets, no ANYTHING. The caterers had to cancel because the fridges/freezers and died and the food went bad. Their friends who had come from PA (I think) had to stop at every Wal Mart on the way to VA to pick up rotisserie chickens and cakes and the like. They still got married, although it was a little soggy. They had to bring in porta-potties as well! Their marriage has been so far, so good, even after my aunt lost a leg in a motorcycle accident last year. So I guess it can always be worse, but I'm hoping for the best for all this weekend's east coast brides!
  • Options
    JodiArielJodiAriel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dated a guy who lives in Plymouth.  Make sure you go get cupcakes at Cupcake Charlies while you are there... it is not far from the country club and nom nom nom are they yummy!!  Have an oreo one for me and good luck with the weather!
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel so sad for that poor bride...here I am complaining because I might have to reschedule bridesmaid dress shopping! I'm praying Irene moves away from us!
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks like Irene won't hit until Monday, so the bride should be okay!

Anniversary

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OMG that poor bride is right!  :(
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.