Connecticut
Options

PSA: Taste of Hartford

This week through August 8th is the Taste of Hartford. It gives those of us on a budget a chance to try out gourmet meals at some of Hartford's best restaurants. Close to 30 restaurants offer a delicious 3 course meal for $20.10 (tax and gratuity not included) And a portion of each meal is generously donated back to the Greater Hartford Arts Council’s United Arts Campaign.

Just thought I'd pass it along for anyone looking for a nice dinner out! We're planning on taking advantage of it this weekend... and maybe again next week!

http://www.tastehartford.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
planning bio

Re: PSA: Taste of Hartford

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE this week of the year!!  :)  Hoping FI and I can find time to get out and about Hartford!
  • Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh wow, I may have to get up to Hartford
  • Options
    ttbeachttbeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Date NIGHT
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never gone but I always wanted to. For those that have gone name some of your favorite restaurants please?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for date nights!
    We frequent Hartford for date nights often! Here are some of my favs:

Agave- killer gauc and margaritas!
    Black-Eyed Sally's- BBQ and awesome music
    City Steam- we're going there tomorrow... good food and great beers
    Feng- amazing suhi and killer drinks
    Max Downtown/Trumbell Kitchen- you really can't go wrong with a Max group restaurant
    Salute- old executive chef of Hot Tomatoes... haven't been there but dying to try it

hope that input helps! :o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Tasha we may have to try one of these.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to Trmbull Kitchen last night.  Food was very good, but it took 2 1/2 hours for dinner!!!! To top it off, the server brought the wrong food to our table, and rather than take it back, she just scooped up all the dishes and gave them to the table next to us! They didn't notice, but if it was me, I would have been ticked!  We love Max Restaurants, but this was not on par with the others..

We might try another place this week.  I've heard lots of good stuff about Feng... and Black Eyed Sally's has good barbecue : )

Enjoy ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards