Connecticut

Question for ladies using/used Larissa Lake

Did you ladies have a trial before you booked her? I'm in NH planning a wedding and the next time I will be home is Thanksgiving and the only availability she has is Friday at 6pm. Tempted to book without a trial based on what you ladies say about her.

Re: Question for ladies using/used Larissa Lake

• edited December 2011
    I booked her way before I had my trial based on the reviews here and pictures of her work etc. I had my trial about 6 weeks before the wedding. You will absolutely love Larissa!! So talented and she literally will not stop until you are 100% satisfied with your result even at the trial!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011

I agree, she is amazing!!! I booked her then had my trial a few weeks later, but she is totally worth it and I would book right away before your date is taken! She is as good as you have read!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would do a trial, is it possible to book her and get your deposit back if you do not like the trial?? The reason I say this, is not every make up artist is for everyone. They all have their own style and can be good at what they do and it might look good on someone else but it might now look good on you etc
  • MuddyInsigniaMuddyInsignia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not do a trial with her based upon past reviews that I had heard about her being so great. IMO a trial was not worth the expense--but then when FI actually encouraged me to do it, I attempted to schedule one, but her schedule was already booked and we were unable to find a time. I do not think one needs a trial with her, she is so experienced with creating different looks on different people, that she can do most whatever you want. I would highly recommend bringing picture(s) with you of what look you like/want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Larissa and all her ladies are amazing! Larissa and Stephanie did my makeup and did an amazing job! The trial was helpful to get an idea of what exactly I wanted, but honestly, if you are having a difficult time scheduling I'm confident you'll be happy with her work day of. All of my bridesmaids looked gorgeous! Her team worked to make sure every one of them was happy- even completely starting over on one girl's eye makeup.

Can't recommend her enough! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    No, I read a lot of her reviews on wedding wire, and I remember a knottie posted a while back about her makeup trial and I thought she looked amazing...so I tracked down that post because I had saved it and it turns out it was Larissa Lake that did her makeup so I knew I wanted to get her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I booked her before my trial because she she had another bride wanting to book her for when I had scheduled my wedding.  She and I had been emailing back and forth about my wedding date and prices and all other details and I LOVED that she actually contacted me mid-way through our chats to let me know that another bride had contacted her about the date but that since I had been in talks with her for that day first- she offered to sign with me if I was ready.  I was NOT DISAPPOINTED!  I didn't even need the trial..she was amazing and so were all of her team.  So great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards