Connecticut

hair and makeup

if you dont mind me asking...how much are you girls spending on your hair and make up and who is doing it for you?

my salon/stylist says mine will cost me about 500 total.  is that outrageous!?

Re: hair and makeup

• edited December 2011
    $500 for how many girls? 
    abc
  • reckert7reckert7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats just myself
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that seems pretty high. I used Larissa Lake and her prices (back when I booked in 2010) were $95 for hair and $85 for airbrush makeup. I would consider shopping around just to get a ball park on what other stylists charge. I can say that most of the vendors that girls have used on this board are around $100 for hair and $100 for makeup, excluding tip and travel fees.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hair-makeup-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:78049fd8-e0bc-4736-b794-883763a16f93Post:ec1883ee-5a85-42ff-9a1c-154440622ae9">Re: hair and makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, that seems pretty high. I used Larissa Lake and her prices (back when I booked in 2010) were $95 for hair and $85 for airbrush makeup. I would consider shopping around just to get a ball park on what other stylists charge. I can say that most of the vendors that girls have used on this board are around $100 for hair and $100 for makeup, excluding tip and travel fees.
    Posted by herb0622[/QUOTE]

This is about what I'm finding too.... I'm estimating $300 or so for just me.. but haven't booked yet... definitely interested in other options
    Anniversary
  • Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Naomi's Salon in West Hartford for hair and makeup. The makeup is airbrushed and they will travel to you on your wedding day. My personal hair and makeup will cost $300, and the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids will cost $155. This does not include their travel charge, though.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • edited December 2011
    Yikes, that sounds really high. My makeup is costing me $150 and My hair is about the same. I can't remember what my bridesmaids are. I'm using Simply Gorgeous by Erin for makeup and for hair a girl in RI.
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, 500 is super high for just you!! you can definitely find a more affordable stylist who will do a great job...we're most likely using Larissa Lake, too, and I haven't heard a single negative review. Def shop around! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hair-makeup-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:78049fd8-e0bc-4736-b794-883763a16f93Post:dbe3258e-b2ba-4f25-aa0e-f31b360d3cc5">Re: hair and makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yikes, that sounds really high. My makeup is costing me $150 and My hair is about the same. I can't remember what my bridesmaids are. I'm using Simply Gorgeous by Erin for makeup and for hair a girl in RI.
    Posted by newportjulie[/QUOTE]

newportjulie- those prices don't include trials, right?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, just saw this post. Her trial fee is $65 I think. She recommended to me to do it thet day of my engagement photos or if I have a special event to go to. HTH
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That seems really high.  I went to a salon (JoDavi in Trumbull) and paid $75 for my hair and $50 for my makeup for the day.  $500 for just you seems really absurd.

I know it can be great to go with someone who travels but there are probably salons who will do hair and makeup for a very reasonable fee.  Some may even bring in makeup artists to work in there if they don't have their own.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds outrageous for just you!  I also used Larissa Lake and was able to get hair and make-up for me, my mother, junior bridesmaid (step-daughter), and 4 bridesmaids for 850.00.  That included a free trial for me and my mother...and she rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards