Connecticut
Options

etiquette?

Ladies, I just saw someone posted about giving a gift to their coordinator.  Now our coordinator works at our venue.  Quite honestly, we paid them over $17,000 do I really need to give her a gift?! I was just going to write her a nice thank you note. Is that not ok? uggh! I don't want to be worrying about this, but I don't want to insult anyone either!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: etiquette?

• Options
    estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think you need to get her a gift at all.  She is after all, just doing her job. lol.  We have a personal "day of" coordinator as well, that the venue used as one of their selling points.  I think their commission is covered in the 20% service fee!!  I wouldnt worry about it at all.  I dont think she is expecting anything from clients.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    EStar73EStar73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that unless she is a personal friend or does something way above and beyond the norm that a thank you note is more than enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed. My wedding coordinator "comes with the venue" and I believe she gets some sort of commission/bonus from the venue. I'm going to write her a thank you note. I might consider sending flowers with the thank you note, but that's about it. Like estegeman said, I'm almost positive the wedding coordinator gets a piece of the 20% service fee. I don't plan on tipping any of the waitstaff either, because I was told that's included in the 20%
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    shibbs86shibbs86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of the time, if they 'come with the venue' then their primary concern/job is to make sure everything runs smoothly so the venue doesnt have a pissed off bride to deal with and so everyone gets out of there on time so they don't get stuck paying any of their staff overtime. That said, I've met plenty of coordinators that are very nice and do everythign to make your day perfect, but I still agreed with everyoen else, unless they go above and beyond or you feel compelled to get them a gift for some other reason... don't bother. It's not a requirement.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you feel you should, a small token is probably more than appreciated.  A small box of chocolates, or flowers will warm any woman's heart!  But don't feel obligated if she's already getting paid.  It's her job, and I don't get a present for doing my job every day.

Anniversary

• Options
    lawrajilawraji member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    at the waterview it includes gratuity but that does not include the coordinator. Ask where your gratuity goes.. that will help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards