Connecticut

calling all waterview brides

Help!!!! 5 months to go!! we need a room block.. has anyone done this for the waterview i was thinking the hilton gardens in shelton. But what i really want is a shuttle to and from the waterview. We got a lot of friends and I feel like some will get very drunk last think i want is anyone getting hurt on the night of our wedding!

Re: calling all waterview brides

• edited December 2011
    We used the Hilton Garden Inn in Shelton, they were good to work with and it was a nice hotel. We didn't do a shuttle though, so I can't help you there, sorry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Actually, we called the Waterview today to inquire about this ourselves.  Our coordinator told us that the hotels usually only supply two shuttles, and they only seat about 7 people each.  She said that people usually end up renting busses for this.  I didn't know this until today, and we when we signed the contract they told us that shuttles would be provided... so I'm glad we asked about it long enough in advance....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We booked a room block at the Courtyard Marriott in Shelton and we plan on renting a bus to shuttle guests between the Waterview and the hotel.  I know the Courtyard offers a free shuttle if you book a certain number of rooms, but like PP said, it's probably just a small 7 person van/bus.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had my room block at the Marriot in Trumbull because they were able to accomidate the brunch we wanted the next day.

We wanted transportation because we didn't want to worry about our drunk friends, and we wanted them to be able to enjoy themselves without worrying about driving.  We got a coach bus from ABC limo and busing, and they also handled our limo and airport transportation, so they gave us a great price.  Our guests loved being able to take the bus.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards