Connecticut

Pavilion on Crystal Lake

Any thoughts on this venue?  

Re: Pavilion on Crystal Lake

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married at their sister site- the barns at Wesleyan hills... but the CT wedding group has been really easy to work with. The food is also great. I liked the overall vibe of the barns better than the pavilions, but I think the pavilion is a very nice venue, they had the wedding group menu tasting their last year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    It's very rustic, so if that's what you're going for it's perfect! It didn't have an indoor ceremony space to use. The outdoor gazebo area is gorgeous, but if it rains your only option is getting married on the dance floor. I also didn't like that they didn't have a bridal suite. The biggest deal breaker for me was that there was a HUGE spider crawling down the wall in the reception hall when we were there. I took it as a sign that it was not for me, lol.
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a bridesmaid in a wedding there and I wasn't too impressed with the venue. Like someone said there's no bridal suite so you just get ready upstairs and they put a big partition up on one side, however on the other side is a huge window. So the curtain doesn't really do anything.

When they served dinner they asked everyone what they wanted (which could have also been a miscommunication with the bride) so when they got to the end tables they had run out of certain entrees. They were also EXTREMELY slow with service to the point that the first table was done eating and the tables at the opposite end of the room hadn't even been served yet.

When they started to clear plates they were doing it in the middle of the dance floor, scraping the plates and stacking the dishes in the various buckets instead of clearing back to the kitchen.

We were the morning wedding, and they started flipping the room pretty much once the DJ stopped the music and didn't even really give us a second to clear the room.

Overall I was not impressed.
  • edited December 2011
    My FBIL got married there, and they loved it. Definitely a woodsy rustic vibe. I wasn't around yet, but their pictures were beautiful! I also am using the Barns, and so far CT wedding group has been fantastic to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been, but know someone who was married there last year in October.  The pictures were stunning!
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was one of the venues I visited.  I thought the little "beach" looked a bit odd and also you can see other people's backyards which made me feel a bit uncomfortable, like you're being stared at lol  But that's just me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards