Connecticut

Wedding Steps - Honeymoon

First off, did anyone go to the Candlewood Inn for the Bridal show last night?  It seemed a little overwhelming to me - but enjoyed trying their appetizers because we'll be getting married there.

Anyways,  they made you sign off every vendor that you visited and then enter for the honeymoon.  Well they 'picked' it today, and called me to say I won.  I sent my mom to pick up the certificate at the fox Hill Inn (where their office is) and FI has it (I'm out of town).  FI says it 'seems' semi-legit but we are always cautious.  It says it's for a 5 day cruise on Carnival out of one of the FL ports.  (you pay your own airfare and the taxes)  I know when random companies get your name saying you won, it's a scam but no idea in terms of whether Wedding Steps is a scam as well. 

Thanks!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Steps - Honeymoon

• herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off congrats! I would think it's legit. I went to a bridal fair at Fantasia last spring and they made you sign off on all the vendors and then enter your card for prizes and honeymoon. The honeymoon for them was a 4 night stay in St. Thomas. Have fun on your cruise!
    Anniversary
  • lynde129lynde129 member
    edited December 2011
    do you have to go to a show on some product? is is a prize from one of the vendors? or from the wedding steps? If it is from the actual bridal show company then it is not a scam!
  • LandB2012LandB2012 member
    edited December 2011
    Awesome - it's just from the Bridal show company, not another vendor.  Doesn't require any show or gimic, that I can tell....just get yourself to Florida.  Whoohoo!  I'm going cruising!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    edited December 2011
    Have fun! Have you thought about where you want to go? My friends went on a 5 night Carnival cruise that stopped in Nassau, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay Bahamas and had a great time!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards