Connecticut

Tuxedos: When to Pick Out/Order

How far in advance did you pick out and order the attire for your FI & the groomsmen?

TIA! :)

Anniversary

Re: Tuxedos: When to Pick Out/Order

• I had stopped and looked a couple of times, FI and I stopped into the Tux rental shop on Small Business Saturday (we're renting from a small business), which was about 4 months ahead of time. We just happened to be there so we picked things out and wrote them down. FI is having all the groomsmen go together to get measured about 2 months in advance, they said about 4-6 weeks but some of FI's friends tend to take their sweet time! Since we're going through a small business it's a little longer too!
  • I'm a little OCD with wedding stuff so we picked out the tuxes in Nov for our April wedding, tho when we were there they told us the rest of the party should be measured at least a month out but if it came down to it they could do it the day before the wedding (we have two out of state gm and were worried if they would be in the area before the wedding).

We are using Formals by Antonios in Rockyhill they are wonderful there. We were there for almost 2 hours looking at different options and colors and Fi tried everything on, I DEF reccommend them.

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked out the tuxes in September for our May wedding- so 8 months in advance (I like getting things done early!)
    The consultant recommended that all the guys get fitted in February to avoid the prom craziness in March/April. If it weren't prom season then we would probably do the fittings in March.
    imageAnniversary
  • Thank you everyone!
    I just want to be sure that the guys have plenty of time to get measured.
    Jebbica - I will definitely check out Formals by Antonio, they are very close by to me!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tuxedos-pick-outorder?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:a0c12c20-d832-45fd-9a5f-7cb31f2d3349Post:d7c35528-13d7-444d-999b-6ba1cf73c3bb">Re: Tuxedos: When to Pick Out/Order</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a little OCD with wedding stuff so we picked out the tuxes in Nov for our April wedding, tho when we were there they told us the rest of the party should be measured at least a month out but if it came down to it they could do it the day before the wedding (we have two out of state gm and were worried if they would be in the area before the wedding). We are using Formals by Antonios in Rockyhill they are wonderful there. We were there for almost 2 hours looking at different options and colors and Fi tried everything on, I DEF reccommend them.
    Posted by jebbica85[/QUOTE]

Did you get your dress at Mariella's?  For some reason I have a funny feeling they do discounts if you get your dress at Mariella's, but maybe I'm just making things up.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tuxedos-pick-outorder?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:a0c12c20-d832-45fd-9a5f-7cb31f2d3349Post:fbc3ca00-58a2-4fb4-82c3-63af55835756">Re: Tuxedos: When to Pick Out/Order</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuxedos: When to Pick Out/Order : Did you get your dress at Mariella's?  For some reason I have a funny feeling they do discounts if you get your dress at Mariella's, but maybe I'm just making things up.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]
    I tried on dresses at Mariella's and I'm faily certain if you get your dresses through Mariellas you do get a discount (maybe 10%) at Formals by Antoinio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards